Anyone here play any of the Driver games?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Driv3r1142, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

:p The early driver games were cheesy, sometimes difficult, but were still fun.
    I could never beat Driver 2, but it was always a blast to play its multiplayer game modes with a few friends.

BTW for your .gif images, are you running through an emulator? if so which one? I've used many emulators and each one I try to run the game with, the game is very glitchy and sometimes unplayable.
    [The reason I ask is because on console this game is super laggy and at times almost unplayable.]

2. Latios Jeff

Latios Jeff
    Expand Collapse

I unfortunately never had anyone to play with to properly experience the multiplayer game modes.

As for my gif images, yes I used an emulator (epsxe 1.7.0 to be exact) to play the game and I think at the time I used Hypercam to record the footage a few years ago back on my old Windows XP computer... Then used an animation software to import the avi file to then save as gif.
    Driver 2 in general does suffer from low frame rate issues regardless of playing on an emulator or playing on real hardware. It always feels like the game moves in slow motion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. Its less intense on emulator though. Thanks for answering though! :)

4. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

oh this, played Driv3r and Driver SF and possibly Driver 2 with the IOS game, the police are indestructible and on Driv3r the physics are crazy, i remember jumping onto the ceiling fan in the house bit and staying on going round really fast, and getting the go kart and flipping cars you drive underneath
    --- Post updated ---
    *sorry for bump*

5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

latest.jpg

Oh well, My thread anyway. Its not locked yet and its a still relevant discussion.

Haven't been able to play any of the driver games for awhile since I have been reorganizing my bedroom and that's where I keep all my game consoles and games, and haven't had time to hook everything back up yet, and all of the games I have in the series are on console.

Maybe I should hook my old PlayStation 1 up tonight and play Driver...

• Like Like x 1
  6. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I've got driver SF and it's pretty good, I personally love the back story and plot.

7. Acid_Bubble

Acid_Bubble
    Expand Collapse

Played 1 & 2 and San Fran. Never got to finish Driver 1 because it kept freezing at a certain point. And I think the same thing happened with Driver 2 sadly.

8. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Driver 2 was always an issue for me on console... Even emulators have a hard time with it, if not laggy then its screwing up the graphics. Both loading from disc and a copy on the computer.

The original Driver game was at-least playable on PS1. I don't know what was wrong with your copy, maybe it was your disc? Console? Not everything is created equal :p
    Anyway...
    Its a shame really because I think Driver 2 had potential to be a better game, but it was just a bit too much for the PS1 to handle :/

9. Fast-Subaru71

Fast-Subaru71
    Expand Collapse

I've played Driver 2, DRIV3R and Driver : San Francisco. Honestly, this is one of my favourite series of games.

It started when someone gave me DRIV3R. I really found that game awesome. At the time I was pretty young tho, and I did not have any Grand Theft Auto game unlike some kids at the time. The "Take a Ride" mode got me stuck for days. I really liked the fact that the game had easily recognisable cars.

For example, the fact that you could actually drive a Renault 4 and then get chased by the police was somewhat funny to me. I also really liked the two cities (Miami and Nice), since I never really got to unlock Istanbul (I only unlocked it recently, and it was using a cheat code... I'm not proud). To me, the game was pretty good, and even if it had some bugs and glitches, I did not really care. Finding the Timmy Vermicellis was funny too :D. I played the missions, but I think I got stuck on the very first mission in Istanbul.
    I also liked the voices. Back at the time, I could not really understand English, but I liked the French voices in Nice (even tho they sound a bit cheesy).

The game also has a good soundtrack in my opinion.

I then bought Driver : SF. It was good, but it felt strange to use the Shift. Driver : San Francisco is a really good game, but the story, although it looked great while playing, seems to lack something once you finished the game. I overally really enjoyed it, even if in retrospect I think it could have been better.

I recently tried Driver 2 on an emulator. It was good and had some similarities with DRIV3R, such as the cops flying everywhere in the survival mode. Now, the graphics are not that great, but since the game is pretty old, this is not really bothering.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Bump.

Would rather have one thread keep going instead of a million pop up elsewhere.

I haven't been playing my console games quite as much lately, been spending more time modding BeamNG instead. Though I do have to say that the Driver games are still quite fun. I have the PC version of Driver 1 on my windows 8.1 laptop. Took a bit of work to get it running, but it works almost flawlessly. Was actually a saving grace when I was on a little vacation for a few days towards the end of August, and I wanted to play a game that didn't require a mouse. I also have GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas, but they are kinda unplayable for me without a mouse.

Over the summer though Driver SF was quite a saving grace when the room with my computer was being used for other things. Its always fun when I can go and make semi trucks go flying around like crazy sometimes :p Its just entertaining for some strange reason that I can't seem to figure out. Along with the invincibility glitch, this can become an hour or 2 of entertainment at a time.

11. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

Driver: San Fransisco only

12. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Only SF. Loved it until the last mission stopped working.
    I couldn't shift into other vehicles, making it impossible to beat Jericho. :( Tried reinstalling while copying save data, still didn't work.

13. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

I played sf and rather enjoyed that one... ran amazingly well on 512mb of vram... It's amazing how much its aged as I go back and play it from time to time...

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice