Outdated Derby D-15 2016 (TBU) v0.92

A derby and banger racing oriented high-profile modification of the D-15 truck.

1. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I appear to not have a dedicated thread to this vehicle. So I am creating one now.

Credits to Narwhal for the Bucket seat Model, Textures.

This vehicle will soon be released. I just need to create some configs and make a mod zip after checking for console errors.

V0.9a To be live soon
    Here

#1 KennyWah, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 13
  2. cookies and milk

cookies and milk
    Expand Collapse

reminds me of AR162B's mods

3. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Official D-15 Derby 2016 Release
    --- Post updated ---
    Wip Roofwing for extra down-force on racing variants work in progress.

If you donloaded the version I posted here please delete it and download the official version.

#3 KennyWah, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  4. ytbe hu99u

ytbe hu99u
    Expand Collapse

This car is amazing, sounds great as well, I've made a short video on it as well. It would be good to get some more parts for this maybe a tow hitch or a even more powerful engine.

5. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Why should it need to have a 7.0L V8 of absolute ridiculously unrealistic extends of the purpose of my mod.

I pride myself in making quality mods.. even if my abilities aren't as good as some of the others around here, this means making models for things like the engines I make it feel believable, which also means weeding out ideas that don't meet my vision, I mean it's my mod afterall.

I don't particularly think a 7L V8 is realistic for a car someone plans to bring to an event in which it will be smashed.. The 5.4L NA with 550NM is already a stretch, it's far from a glorified junker.

Sorry if my wording is terrible, but I hope some people can understand at least what I am trying to say.

#5 KennyWah, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  6. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

If you want i could be of help making some custom torque curves with the parameters you want the engine to have. Unless you already have a way of doing so. When i look at its torque curve in game it wasnt how a normal v8 would be it almost looked similiar to a 4 cylinder with VTEC and an aggressive cam because the power goes it in an ascending curve rather than most v8 which usually have a descending curve as the torque gets higher
    --- Post updated ---
    I dont mean to criticise but it can do with some improvement unless that is what you are looking for.

Attached Files:

• Untitled.jpg
  7. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

No, it's not what I'm looking for.

If there was anything like that then it'd be the fact that the relation between torque and power in this game isn't quite 100% spot on, and it's actually a little low in comparison. It's easy to find this out by using many torque@RPM to power conversion sites, or even looking at things from other games.

The torque relation is off somehow.

8. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Content Status Update
    -Fixed seat deformation during large high-speed collisions
    -changed some suspension settings on the track racing config, still imperfect tire selection however
    -Added dirt track config

Edited some existing tires for the track racing variant.
    [They are specific to my mod, and are have extra weight so they don't pop on spawn]

#8 KennyWah, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  9. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

10. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

"Why can i only see the stock config?"
    In response to a recent review, I just wanna say, this is because it's early beta and I haven't finalized any configurations because I just wanted to get a mod out there to be used in the meantime, so every config uses the same image for now.

11. kerman

kerman
    Expand Collapse

thanks for your reply, so thats the reason why i can only see oe config? ._.

#11 kerman, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  12. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Yep, well you do mean that there are 6-7 slots, but they all share the same image right? Otherwise this is a bug.

13. kerman

kerman
    Expand Collapse

i can only see 1 slot

14. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Send me a picture, otherwise I recommend deleting it and re-downloading the zip file.

15. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I figured out the issue and I'll have it fixed later on throughout the day.

16. Sunset Drive

Sunset Drive
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Sooooo...
    I read up on derby cars, and found out that they either use 327's (5.4), or 350 long blocks, with a mild cam for good low end torque. A 350 is 5.7 liters so, can you please add the 350 as another engine? It would be a great touch.
    Also if you do, and you plan on making a derby moonhawk, use the 350, more realistic.
    Just a suggestion

Thanks for reading.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice