Released ETK 800-Series EV 3.2

Caution: High Voltage - Updated 2/18.

1. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

6/12/16; Version 2.1:
    Quick update to bring the mod up to spec for the latest version of the game. It works fine again. Gave all trims limited-slip diffs to allay very vibration heavy acceleration in the fast trims. As a result of the previous, the TCS was toned down to normal levels. Nothing else changed.

Greetings. So begins my first step into modding vehicles with effort (and releasing those mods).

*This mod is stand-alone; it won't mess with any of your pre-installed mods.*

I made this mod of the ETK-800 Series to have three different electric power-trains. There is a great engine sound that I got from @SushiPro plus the idea came off of his Electric Covet.

I would have liked to get some electric motor models on the vehicle but that's beyond my expertise.

The three different powertrains:

Electric.png
    "Touring model with an Electric power-train developed with Nissan"
    • This features specs mirroring the Nissan Leaf's actual power-train. It has a similar realistic range (when driving appropriately). It has FWD and TCS & ECS Standard. It's definitely not winning any races but its efficiency does all of the talking.

ElectricT.png
    "Touring model with an Electric power-train developed in conjunction with Tesla Motors"
    • This features specs mirroring the specs of the Tesla Model S. It has AWD.

"An Electric Variation of the ETK 800-Series of unknown origin. Some say it was developed secretly by the government for testing reasons."

• This one is stupidly fast and mysteriously efficient (hence the Illuminati logo). This has AWD and about 1200nm of torque.

*This mod is stand-alone; it won't mess with any of your pre-installed mods.*

I hope you enjoy!

-Kyle

Install in the mods folder: Leave zipped up.

If you like my work, consider buying me lunch!

Attached Files:

#1 iheartmods, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  3. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

4. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

wow, an electric car. Now that's something. No more fires from the fuel leaking out? I mean, if I crash the gas tank is electricity gonna pour out all over the road and make the other cars mad or...? Seems like a pretty worthy idea though. Sure hope the range is good. Dunno if it'd make it across my [unreleased] TN map if not (it's 144sq mi+).
    So yeah - maybe we'll see some more of these things. Maybe I can figure out the workings and make the 1995 Buick mod into an electric car!

5. MilesLexicon

MilesLexicon
    Expand Collapse

With the Secret one, I think you made an awesome easy to drift wagon, well done on this mod!

• Like Like x 1
  6. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Fire still occurs. I honestly didn't look into it that much because the thought exists that the same event would occur in a bad enough crash.
    --- Post updated ---
    Which was an underlying intention! Glad you like it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Seriously @iheartmods for that last one you should have had the tag line for the unknown variant of "Developed in secret, the ETK 800 Super should not exist. Denied by the government, disowned by ETK, the ETK 800 Super is the ultimate super pursuit vehicle."

source Carson GT Nighthawk
    "Developed in secret, the GT Nighthawk should not exist. Denied by the government, disowned by Carson, the GT Nighthawk is the ultimate super pursuit vehicle."

• Like Like x 1
  8. MilesLexicon

MilesLexicon
    Expand Collapse

So far I've loved all of your mods, and this one is no different!

• Like Like x 1
  9. SushiPro

SushiPro
    Expand Collapse

I have a few recommendations. The gearbox should really only have one or two gears. If you want a lot, use a cvt instead of 39. Also, I notice that when the car flips over, the wheels will spin really fast and explode. You can fix the tires by using slimmer sport tires. More aggressive traction control would also be nice for the government version. Also, the engine still looks gasoline. Otherwise fantastic mod btw :)

#9 SushiPro, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  10. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

I'll have to consult you on these things for the next version. I have no knowledge in the modeling world so maybe you could help. Also not too sure if making the TCS more aggressive is a lua thing; I may need help there too. ......I'm rambling.

A CVT shouldn't be out of my range of capability.
    --- Post updated ---
    The next revision is in progress.

• The secret version is now based on the race version of the ETK. It has slicks so it has a crazy amount of grip.
    • Traction control has been made to be more aggressive.
    • A CVT transmission now replaces the 30+ ratio simulation (still needs work, hence no release yet)
    • Thumbnails have had any trademarked logos removed (per the moderators). Also, they have been resized per specs of the mods.

#10 iheartmods, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the battery packs can explode under enough energy in a collision. Rather violently, sometimes, depending on the type. After-all, they do contain 'energy', energy that doesn't just disappear in a collision. I was just curious if you had done anything to change the effect of this in Beam. Regardless, it doesn't make or break the electric car idea in Beam. All things considered, it is a worthy addition to the car lineup. I am sure this will be pretty popular with some folks.
    In addition to what's stated above - lest I forget to mention it - there is still a small amount of fuel stored in hybrid vehicles to run the combustion engine if the vehicle 'runs out of juice'. I don't know off the top of my head if these are a hybrid design or not. Just something to think about - though it's starting to get beyond the scope of this thread.

12. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately, at its current state, BeamNG has no full-on word-for-word "Electric Power-train" simulation. It doesn't simulate electricity, just "fuel". It would be nice to have tho.

MOD UPDATE:
    @SushiPro is working on the battery and 3D Models (engine and battery). Should be up this weekend along with improvements to the power-trains.

13. BlondeOfHazzard

BlondeOfHazzard
    Expand Collapse

im not quite sure what the 39 gears are for

14. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

After changing over to a better transmission setup, neither am I.

Mesh work is a work in progress (thanks SushiPro) so that's what the wait on the next update is about.

15. BlondeOfHazzard

BlondeOfHazzard
    Expand Collapse

sounds cool! looking forward to it

• Like Like x 1
  16. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    Mod updated to work in the latest version, download in first post.

New preview photos appear due to copyright issues

Each variant has their own transmissions now. Did away with a strange 30+ ratio setup and replaced that with a CVT for the base model. Other variants are equipped with equally as appropriate transmissions (no CVTs beyond the base model).

Enjoy!

:)
    --- Post updated ---
    Version 2 is live on the mods page

17. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

18. Snowtato

Snowtato
    Expand Collapse

Are the names changed (Tesla, Nissan?) for copyright reasons, too?

19. jet_pack14

jet_pack14
    Expand Collapse

I really like your mod but it seems to limit my RPM to 7000 or so. I was messing with the torque curve in the documents thought. Could that have caused the problem or is it supposed to be that way?

20. mik3890

mik3890
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, Why do that car (ETK800EV) make my game laaag?? I switched to different cars no problem at all then switched it back in etk800ev and got lag again...I wonder why?? Maybe because of 0.5.6 update?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice