Extended D-Series Fenders And Bedsides

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by northernguy98, Jan 12, 2017.

1. northernguy98

northernguy98
    Expand Collapse

Not too sure if this is the place to post this, but here is something I quickly made tonight. I haven't really bothered with trying to change anything so it doesn't just replace the bed and fenders on the stock truck yet, but I will probably get to that tomorrow. The whole reason I did this was I absolutely hate it when the tires clip through the sides of the truck, so the obvious fix was wider fenders and bed sides. Whenever I get the issues sorted out I will probably upload the file here for others to use
    prerun5.png
    prerun1.jpg prerun2.jpg prerun3.jpg prerun4.jpg

2. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

This looks pretty good so far. I would say that the mods and skins section would be the place where you would want to release this when/if its ready

3. northernguy98

northernguy98
    Expand Collapse

I've been trying for a few hours now to get the parts to not replace the stock truck parts, but have had no luck yet. In case someone wants to use it, here ya go. just be warned, i tried to remove this from the game earlier, and the D-Series was broken in all kinds of ways, so have a good copy of that backed up or you will need to uninstall your game for the proper D-series to be back. Whenever I figure out what I am doing wrong I will upload to the mods section

Attached Files:

4. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Don't know how I haven't seen this earlier, looking into it now :)

Update: Fixed it, was pretty easy for me, but the wiki doesn't have much documentation on this unfortunately.

What I did:
    Opened the prerunner2.dae in Blender
    Renamed the pickup_bed and the fenders to have "_flared" in the object name as to differ from the stock ones so it doesn't overwrite itself
    Went into the modifers section and applied an edgesplit modifer with an angle of 50 to those three objects to fix the smoothing groups
    Selected the three new parts, and exported as .dae with selection only and apply modifiers selected
    Copied the pickup bed and fenders jbeam files from the official pickup, that is all you need for this, just the jbeams for the parts you are adding
    Changed the pickup_bed.jbeam to pickup_bed_flared.jbeam and pickup_fenders.jbeam to pickup_fenders_flared.beam to differ from the official ones so they don't overwrite each other
    Changed the name in the main jbeam to add "_flared" in both the flexbody section and also the main header.
    Changed the name in the name section and added "Flared" as a prefix to distinguish from the official ones, not a requirement but it sure makes it nicer
    Put the three files "pickup_fenders_flared.jbeam", "pickup_bed_flared" and "prerunner.dae" into a folder structure of "pickup_flared/vehicles/pickup/" and put it in my mods folder in a folder called unpacked (or you can just zip it from the "vehicles" directory so that it goes "pickup_flared.zip/vehicles/pickup/" if you want to just use the mod and not work on it without zipping. This is also the accepted way to upload to the repo/forum :)

By the way, the model is nice :) You still probably need to adjust the nodes to fit the wider model, but you can figure that out. You can also change most of the names I put to your liking, this was just for a functional test.

screenshot_00148.png screenshot_00149.png

Attached Files:

#4 Inertia, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  5. zaccarey4280

zaccarey4280
    Expand Collapse

could you make a flatbed to truck ples or and slammed Toyota truck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice