Unsolved Few problems with my first map.

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by DeWorD, Jan 20, 2017.

1. DeWorD

DeWorD
    Expand Collapse

Hello there!

I have been making a map for a while and almost got it ready except huge amount of bugs (floating rocks etc...)

Anyway i started making this map from original GridMap deleting everything what there was except sky and land etc..

I wanted to change my maps name to Cliffster so i copied the GridMap.zip file from the 'levels' and opened every single materials.cs file and replaced GridMap to Cliffster using notepad++ and changing the zip file to Cliffster.zip using winrar.

Now when i load Cliffster map. There's only heightmap ok. No trees or rocks or houses or pretty much anything.
    Then later i noticed that while i was modifying the orignal GridMap map i had two GridMap maps in freeroam selection. First one is the right one and the other one is kinda looking the same what my Cliffster map is.
    I have only 1 GridMap.zip file in 'levels' folder and basically it looks the same than the Cliffster.zip (same files etc..)

How am i able to remove that weird map where's only heightmap and make my Cliffster map the right one?

Why the default spawn starts from the middle of the map even if i save?

Attached Files:

2. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Testing your file, i see the Cliffster map on map selector, the thumbnail is the same as gridmap , so here is maybe from where your confusion are ?
    After, the map doesn't load correctly , did you put the files saved from the editor (...documents / BeamNG.drive / levels / Cliffster) into the zip you send ?

3. DeWorD

DeWorD
    Expand Collapse

Yeeeeea didn't know about that folder under 'documents'. :D
    Yea i have same picture in both of these maps haven't done that yet.

There was those missing files and there was a lot of them. I changed their names and moved to the Cliffster.zip and now it works. Though still thinking why there's 2x Cliffster map in map selector and other one is that shitty one though i have only 1 cliffster.zip file in 'levels'.

i uploaded again the file where's the missing files added. Why there's cliffster1, cliffster2, cliffster3, cliffster4 ?

Attached Files:

4. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

check all .cs and .mis files
    take a look into cliffster.mis, by exemple. there aren't the good pathes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice