General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I would have hoped that they do something to help bring the power to the road like 4wd and less weight because if it has 800+ bhp i dont think its going to be faster than a hellcat

2. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

If that car weighed what I want it to weigh, America would have a true all round powerhouse that looks like a muscle car, yet drives like an m3. give it 2 separate tunes like we do to the hi power turbo Hondas. 400hp no traction control, with a push button map change to 800hp with traction control for the straights. if they decide to redesign the chassis and do a "space age" one with really nice suspension, I'd buy American.

3. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

They may do it with the new one as its on the alfa giulia platform wich makes the car probably 400kg lighter hopefully

4. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Make it on the new miata platform and it's a guaranteed winner. @Zappymouse

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

@lukerules117 I went to work today as I do every weekday. While there our CEO asked my team leader a question. "Why do all our engineers believe <certain feature> needs redoing?". My team leader replied with "there can only be 2 answers to that alan, either a) you're exclusively hiring crap engineers or b) they're right".

Has even 1 person agreed with your opinion in this thread? No. Not even 1. What does that tell you? Either we're all morons, or we're right. All of us have different opinions on vehicles and road usage, so doubtful that "a" applies, which only leaves b.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

I like your real world analogy. I'm a huge fan of using analogies to make not really complex ideas even less complex for those with thick skulls.

• Like Like x 4
  7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

For reference, 143 road accidents (of which some were fatalities) in 2011 in the UK were directly attributed to be caused by someone opting to drive slowly.

Multi vehicle collisions are not caused by speed, but a difference in speed.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

I just checked and the widest Polaris RZR width is 64 inches or ~162,6 centimeters. My car is 69,6 inches or 176,8 centimeters, and my car isn't exactly the widest car out there either. If you just keep the thing in the middle of the lane (which you should be able to do even without seeing your wheels) there's no way you're gonna hit other objects. I don't hit light poles, street signs, pedestrians or parked cars while driving my car which is 5,6 inches or 14,2 centimeters wider than a RZR.

Secondly, that thing would never be road legal if it would roll over in normal road speeds. The center of gravity point doesn't even seem to be that high, especially with passengers on board, to need to be afraid of rolling it over unless you have some kind of crazy lift kit on it (which you should just change back to stock in this case if you have one).

You should probably switch to another vehicle if you're too afraid to drive one without stopping before every corner.

And that thing is called an UTV, not a car.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Oh I was thinking about this one:
    vue-stroller-435x580.gif

10. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

So two out of the last three owners of my new car (AFAIK) have profiles on Turbobricks. Found some pics from 2014.

• Like Like x 4
  11. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

If you didn't notice a corner or a dead end or just didn't turn the wheel enough to go around a corner than its very likely that you would hit something. As I said before it ISN'T road legal here and I WAS keeping to the middle of the lane when I crashed, and the reason I STOP before corners is because as I said before it decelerates too quickly and it even decelerates whenever you aren't on the throttle. it's hard to slow down from about 10 to 15 mph to around 5 mph if you use the brakes and waiting for it to slow itself down seems too unpredictable. And finally regardless of what I drive I would always go around corners slower than I probably should partly to not put too much stress on the tires and partly because I'd have no clue what the limit for it is in terms of cornering so I'd always drive extremely cautiously. Even if driving cautiously is more dangerous than driving normally. I also hate being low to the ground so there is a good chance that whatever car I end up getting will have a risk of rolling over.
    I'm hardly a danger to society and I don't really think I need help
    --- Post updated ---
    If you didn't notice a corner or a dead end or just didn't turn the wheel enough to go around a corner than its very likely that you would hit something. As I said before it ISN'T road legal here and I WAS keeping to the middle of the lane when I crashed, and the reason I STOP before corners is because as I said before it decelerates too quickly and it even decelerates whenever you aren't on the throttle. it's hard to slow down from about 10 to 15 mph to around 5 mph if you use the brakes and waiting for it to slow itself down seems too unpredictable. And finally regardless of what I drive I would always go around corners slower than I probably should partly to not put too much stress on the tires and partly because I'd have no clue what the limit for it is in terms of cornering so I'd always drive extremely cautiously. Even if driving cautiously is more dangerous than driving normally. I also hate being low to the ground so there is a good chance that whatever car I end up getting will have a risk of rolling over.
    Multi vehicle collisions yes, but it's much easier to avoid an impact into something stationary if you are going slower, if I knew I was going to hit that parked truck then because of my low speed I would have been able to avoid hitting it using brakes alone. and just out of curiosity how many more single car road accidents happen while driving at or near the speed limit and then accidentally driving off the road?

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Few because people aren't idiots paying no attention and driving into crashed cars. You would have been fined for driving without due care and attention here, while at the wheel of a vehicle you are wholly responsible, it's not your passengers role to call things out, they're passengers not co pilots.

I return to my previous point. Not one person agrees with you. Not one. What does that tell you? That you're probably the one that's wrong. Your driving style is unsafe. End of

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

You don't have to be an idiot not paying attention to crash into a stationary object, I had pretty much my full attention on the road and my vehicle and was even going half the speed limit and I still hit it. Mistakes like that are extremely easy to make even for the best drivers and likewise I know my driving style is unsafe but I dont think driving at higher speeds would help avoiding stationary objects.

14. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

Oh... This is still happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Jesus Christ, About two-thirds of what I do for a living involves being a "professional driver" and If I were to ever come across someone who is that terrible of a driver, I'd assume they were either drunk or literally don't know how to drive, and have a CPO come take them home before they hurt themselves or someone else.

And, side by sides aren't road legal.

You've made your point, your a terrible driver, you want us all to know that, you don't want to accept any help, and I, and I assume the rest of us, are tired of reading about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

But may I ask, why are you driving a non-road legal vehicle on the streets. And why are you even driving if you're feeling so insecure about your ability to control a vehicle in addition to not even having a damn driving license in the first place? There's a few RZR's around my city (they're road legal over here) and I haven't seen them having issues with slowing down while I've been driving behind them. Getting used to a vehicle's brakes shouldn't take too long. If you don't feel like you can safely use the brakes, you should practice using them first where there isn't traffic etc (like parking lot or something if there's not small quiet roads around) before going to drive around the streets.

Also SUV's and trucks aren't exactly low on the groud and they don't usually tend to roll over.

#4856 machine, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  17. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

I saw a stanced out e30 and a dark grey r33 In queens today. I exchanged "the nod" with both drivers.

• Like Like x 2
  18. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

Because I had the chance to drive it and I figure I'd be better off getting some practice before getting my license and as I said I'm not really insecure about my ability to control it.

19. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

You certainly are insecure about controlling the vehicle if you can't slow down properly, have to go on the oncoming lane to take a turn and fear you'll roll it over.

Also, driving school is the place where you go to practice driving, you don't really need to practice it beforehand. I had never driven a car before I went to driving school and the teacher put me to drive on the roads on the first driving lesson after being cruising at the parking lot for 40 mins. It's not rocket science especially if you're into cars. (ps, a Polaris RZR isn't excactly a great way to prepare to learning to drive a car)

20. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

I know its not the best but its what I was given a chance to drive, that said though I'm planning on skipping driving school and going straight to my permit or whatever, I dont feel like I really need it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice