1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhorton

bhorton
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that has mainly been Southern Europe (I hear Turkey was hit with bad snow). Northern Europe has been quite mild, until now.

2. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Well, it was 36 degrees celsius today in Adelaide and i decided to go for a drive. Apparently the lowest temp overnight will be a warm 24 and in the morning we will be greeted with heavy rain with possible thunderstorms and flash flooding.

3. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

It was 42 degrees celcius yesterday (107.6F), and going to be 40 ish tomorrow, you Adelaide people think you have it hard :p

EDIT: Apparently going to be 43. sigh well I guess I won't be working on any modelling then.

4. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I'd consider myself still a beginner when it comes to programming since I only got serious about it 3 months ago. I thought I had bitten off more than I could chew. Fuck yeah, scratch made 3D wireframe thingie. and horriffically inefficient XD

yay.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. bhorton

bhorton
    Expand Collapse

Being from the UK, 43 is just mad to me! Over here, 32 is unbearably hot, and over 25 is uncomfortable!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pissh

Pissh
    Expand Collapse

I drew something today and i ended up on the principal office because of it.
    image.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

I find 40 quite horrible, but unfortunately it is pretty common in your average Sydney summer. 32 is annoying and not very nice, but 20-25 is just perfect.

8. Benjamin Tam

Benjamin Tam
    Expand Collapse

Over here in Canada, 30 C (86 F) is just hot as fuck, -15 C (5 F) is cold to all hell, and 25 C (77 F) is just comfortable. I remember that one time where I had a heat wave while camping, and my family spent the whole heat wave holed up inside the trailer with the air conditioning on full blast.

For future references, our trailer is a 2007 Starcraft Travel Star 19CK hybrid travel trailer.

9. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

You're in an elementary school or what?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Well its worth remembering that they do have air con so they can opt out of it by going inside.

11. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

That's pretty cool. I'd tell your pricipal and or teacher to stop being such a bolshevik.

12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Presumably they didn't understand the context behind the image.

13. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

..."Have you mooed today?"...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ThatGamer164

ThatGamer164
    Expand Collapse

Weather in Nottingham:
    Cold and Shit
    Got that very typically British drizzle right now.

15. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

There's something that's been on my mind.

I've been interested in getting a better computer for BeamNG.drive in the future, since the laptop I'm using right now doesn't meet its requirements completely. I've seen this one computer advertised called the Omen X, and I've been wondering if it would be a good PC to invest in for the sake of BeamNG.

Here's a site I found with some specs.

I also posted in a thread in the Computer Hardware section.
    What do you guys think?

16. ThatGamer164

ThatGamer164
    Expand Collapse

Just saying dude, but the Omen X will be VERY expensive due to it being a prebuilt and also having an entirely custom case, so if you have the money yeah go on but you could get an equal PC for probably much less if you build it yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

I've been thinking about upgrading my system, waiting to see how Ryzen stacks up to Kaby lake before I pull the trigger. Might just stick with my old I5 though, still does what I need it too.

18. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I would consider building a PC, but since I don't know how to, I think it'd be better for me to just get a prebuilt one that can get the job done.

19. ThatGamer164

ThatGamer164
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I suppose so, but do you have £3,000?

20. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Not right now. I've looked at some prices, and some of them go as low as around $500.

It won't be the only computer I'm going to consider though. My only goal with a future computer is to get one that can run BeamNG.drive better than the one I'm using right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.