Unsolved General Mario Kart Help (Previously Mario Kart Failing to Spawn)

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Mario64iscool2, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I agree, now thinking of it. in the Mario Kart 7+ there was a meter for each characteristic of your kart. Didn't tell you exact performance, it kind of just filled a bar.

2. Mario64iscool2

Mario64iscool2
    Expand Collapse

5 3/4 bars of speed. So close!!! Anyways, yeah, I see what you mean. The bars remain the same regardless of engine class, so it isn't a reliable diagram of performance. Also, What do they mean??

One more thing to add to the list of Kart abuse: Underwater driving for no good reason. Seriously, we should make a petition for kart rights;)
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, This mod won't be released until the model for the standard tires is published on the VG-resource. That isn't to say the car won't be drivable.

#22 Mario64iscool2, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  3. Mario64iscool2

Mario64iscool2
    Expand Collapse

Also, for a Base tire model, I have the leaf tires.

Attached Files:

4. Mario64iscool2

Mario64iscool2
    Expand Collapse

Another one of my plans was to have a completely modular Mario Kart complete with glider and everything, including a propellor. The only problem with that would be that I would have to have things spawn in on the fly in realtime. I guess that could be solved with a function and have the models be infinitely small, but all nodes would still function, unless there's a way to deactivate nodes until a function is enabled, as to not have the nodes intervene and to make sure the kart's physics aren't altered.

Edit: The glider's gonna need drag in order for it to keep lift, right?
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, How's the suspension work going? Is it in a state for a demo?

5. Mario64iscool2

Mario64iscool2
    Expand Collapse

Anyone know how to code an SBEAM file? I'm utter trash at SBEAM coding. I have 4 sounds. I want some help. I wanted to use the original sound files from MK8 and have them work, but it's gonna be complicated. VERY complicated.

6. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Im not that good, but can do it. Throw me a PM if you want. Just remember im quite busy so it wont be done asap.

7. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey,

there's currently no general sbeam wiki page or something like this. But another user already had a quite similar question. Here is a brief explanation.

8. Mario64iscool2

Mario64iscool2
    Expand Collapse

@meywue Can an SBEAM be Gear-based? For example, when the car is accelerating, Sound file "A" plays, and while the car is reversing sound file "B" plays.

#28 Mario64iscool2, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice