1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

If you had to give a percentage on how complete the game is, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Whippy, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

Title says it all, give me a number between 1 - 100 on how complete the game is (Just wondering :p)

2. yolo-phil

yolo-phil
    Expand Collapse

3. SkunkInSocks

SkunkInSocks
    Expand Collapse

4. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

43.2% to official release

• Like Like x 2
  5. fanboyjj

fanboyjj
    Expand Collapse

Read the about us thing they are gonna make everything have a crash model (I doubt that) but they have a long way...

6. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

staytuned/100

• Like Like x 11
  7. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

well so far

what we have
    • the game has a good selection of cars enough to keep a person interested for more then a day
    • good selection of stock maps.
    • the game has scenarios so there is more to do then just crashing a car into a wall
    • respitory system so its easy to find mods without people having to ask or go to the wrong sites.

what the game still needs
    • the campaign mode fingers crossed there would be a vehicle and part purchasing system.
    • some more cars.
    • maybe some more maps but then you have tonnes of community made maps.
    so I would say around 75% to full completion but then this game would still get updates like Gabe and the team punching out some more vehicles when the whole vehicles in development are in game and released.

pretty much it feels like a game not like a vehicle sandbox like when the game was first released to the public.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Probably 43.469296012868230628%.

9. aydan.matthews1

aydan.matthews1
    Expand Collapse

I'd say about 45%. My reasons are:
    • There is no campaign mode yet.
    • Still some fixable bugs.
    • Needs about two more cars and new models for each.
    • Make custom engine sounds for each car (started with Covet, which might hint at some more coming soon).
    That is about it. I hope all of this happens as I absolutely adore this game.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Toron Beldevar

Toron Beldevar
    Expand Collapse

In case anyone gets confused, this is all opinionated and not official or anything like that.

Updated 29 June 2016:

34% (Pending for Next Update)

Let's be reasonable, here. This game is nowhere near finished. It even says on the Steam page that development may go on "for years." Think of all of the things not in the game (yet):
    • Multiplayer (split screen or server-based; current iteration is local "Multiseat" mode) (seen under "The Future" in the "Something is still on the horizon" blog post as a proposal.)
    • People (player characters)
    • Next-gen AI (will appear in some improved form in 0.6.0)
    • Large open-world map (like the size of Canada to fit all of the millions of future players) or many more smaller maps (Utah in 0.5.4 and either Italy or West Coast, USA in 0.6.0)
    • Races and missions (the scenarios are the closest we have so far, although "Campaign Mode" is currently in development.)
    • Fire, smoke, and explosions (for effects) (introduced in 0.5.0) (may appear in some improved form in 0.6.0)
    • Dynamic dirt and paint scratching (the former may have been described as "Physical-based particle rendering" under "The Future" in the "Something is still on the horizon" blog post.)
    • Vehicle features (engine startup, temperature, airbags, radios, etc.) (may appear in some improved form in 0.6.0)
    • Wider vehicle selection (hopefully at least 30 cars, trucks, air and marine vehicles by 0.7.0) (will receive 1 - 4 cars in 0.6.0 from 19 in 0.5.6) (seen under "The Future" in the "Something is still on the horizon" blog post as a proposal.)
    • In-game repository (http://www.beamng.com/resources/) (introduced in 0.5.0)
    • Custom/updated sounds and sound system (may appear in 0.6.0)
    • Replay editor capabilities (like Rockstar Editor, but more "NG") (seen under "The Future" in the "Something is still on the horizon" blog post as a proposal.)
    • Full support for Oculus and other virtualization technologies
    • Support for OSX, Linux, and gaming consoles (by the final official release)
    • A whole bunch of other things that aren't on this list (which appear in every single update)
    • And, of course, several performance optimizations and bug fixes (will appear in some improved form in 0.6.0)
    Have I made myself clear?

EDIT: I came up with an approximate timeline to verify my opinion that the game's progress is (almost) at 24%:
    • 1% - Revolutionary Soft-body Physics in CryEngine3 (BeamNG's first YouTube video) (May - June 2012)
    • 2% - somewhere between the Rollover from Inside video and the switch to Torque3D. (July - December 2012)
    • 3% - The switch to Torque3D (among other things) (January - February 2013)
    • 4% - "various updates" (March - July 2013)
    • 5% - The first official release of the game. (3 August - 18 September 2013)
    • 6% - The Racing System (among other things) (October 2013)
    • 7% - The new user interface (among other things) (November 2013 - March 2014)
    • 8% - "various updates" (March - June 2014)
    • 9% - 0.3.1.0 (and subsequent Pre-Race Updates) (22 June - 5 July 2014)
    • 10% - Multi-DAE, virtual filesystem, and more UI work (among other things) (late July - early September 2014)
    • 11% - Experimental Releases (2 September - 1 December 2014)
    • 12% - Experimental Releases + 0.3.7.7 (20 January - 20 February 2015)
    • 13% - 0.3.7.8 - 0.3.8.0 (1 - 2 April 2015)
    • 14% - 0.3.8.x (30 April - 1 May 2015)
    • 15% - The Racing System (again) (among other things) (May 2015)
    • 16% - 0.4.0.x Steam Early Access releases (30 May - 24 June 2015)
    • 17% - 0.4.1.x (31 July - 11 August 2015)
    • 18% - 0.4.2.x (18 - 26 September 2015)
    • Original Post: 19% - 0.4.3.x (31 October - 20 November 2015)
    • 20% - "various updates" (late November - early December 2015)
    • 21% - 0.5.0 (18 December 2015)
    • 22% - 0.5.1.0 (30 December 2015)
    • 23% - "various updates" (January - early February 2016)
    • 24% - 0.5.2.x (9 - 10 February 2016)
    • 25% - Engine Thermal Simulation (late Feburary 2016)
    • 26% - 0.5.3.x (11 - 16 March 2016)
    • 27% - Utah (late March - mid April 2016)
    • 28% - 0.5.4.0 (19 April 2016)
    • 29% - 0.5.5.0 (29 April 2016)
    • 30% - 0.5.6.x (4 June 2016)
    • 31% - "various updates" (early - mid June 2016)
    • 32% - Something is still on the horizon... (19 June 2016)
    • 33% - "various updates" (mid - late June 2016)
    • 34% - 0.6.0 (est. mid July 2016)
    At this rate (since 0.3.8.1), they get about 2% more of the game complete with every milestone update, and 1% with every major update. Also, and I'll say this again, in case anyone gets confused, this is all opinionated and not official or anything like that.

#10 Toron Beldevar, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 11
  11. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Chuck Norris% to finished

12. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

13. bhorton

bhorton
    Expand Collapse

∞/∞
    Honestly, I feel that this game will never be complete. If the game is complete, that means that there is nothing more that can be added, and the devs will always find a way to add a brand new feature.

• Like Like x 7
  14. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Love the idea of open-world maps. Something like NFS Hot Pursuit would be awesome.

15. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

I can appreciate the irony in following that statement up with "Large open-world map" and "Support for OSX, Linux, and gaming consoles".

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pepi93

Pepi93
    Expand Collapse

0% completion...

This may not be as important to some but after not playing this game for a few months and doing a fresh install, I still can't get my peripherals to work without spending a billion hours trying to figure everything out.

Maybe I'm missing something but if I can't get my controls to work, what the F*** is the point of loading this game in the first place? My gear shows up fine. I can even get it to work sort of...but the key bindings reset themselves as soon as I actually want to drive or weird things happen where binding one key removes the binding of another function even though it's not the SAME KEY??

The devs should focus on this first before adding more maps, vehicles etc.

17. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

My earlier Chuck Norris% was a bit of a troll comment...

To be honest I am unsure less than 1% done....this game is always evolving I see it every day...who knows where it will end up...

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I invite you to make a separate thread and describe your issue in details. We are here to help, but if you don't let us know you need it.. :)

19. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

GEEE WAY TO DERAIL A THREAD OP SAID TO PICK A % ON THE GAME NOT HELP PEOPLE
    REPORTED

20. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

IMO, the game is at about 30% completion. I think the game will never be truely finished though, since the devs could just keep adding vehicles and maps even years after the release of 1.0.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice