Imagine... One central "Will this run BeamNG" thread

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by bauto601, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Poopoh12

Poopoh12
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  2. Coolheadcole

Coolheadcole
    Expand Collapse

Ok, thanks!

3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Fx 6xxx and Fx 8xxx series processors can run this game, though it won't be 100% super-smooth. You may end up in the 25~45fps range most all the time. It'll be playable, provided you're running close to or above 4ghz with the cpu. Ghz speed matters a lot to Beamng.drive due to the poor FPU performance in AMD cpus that is depended upon by the Physics.
    APU series is a little better on the NEWER chips that are high ghz and overclockable black editions, as they sped up and refined them a bit, but it's still not close to the intel performance. Laptops with APU chips...forget about trying to run Beamng.drive on these, just forget it.
    Fx 6xxx and Fx 8xxx (and anything else based off bulldozer / piledriver architecture) didn't have particularly good IPC (perforamance per core), OR fpu-performance (387/487 core, floating point, or 'whetstone' performance), which I mentioned above. This is a two-fold strike against them playing Beamng.drive. While you *can* run Beamng.drive, anything less than perfectly optimized cars and medium-to-small maps will bring down the performance out of the 'full motion, fully playable' frame rate to something slower, less fun.

Intel systems with an i7 9xx / X58 chipset (1st gen i7, 2nd gen XEON), i5 700/i7 800 series, sandy bridge 2xxx , ivy bridge 3xxx processors will all run this game fairly well provided they're like 2.66ghz or better - it will remain playable.
    Intel systems with 4xxx series OR NEWER cpu will *FLY* with this game as one of the bonuses of the 4000 series was enhanced 256-bit FPUs. This is what Beamng.drive LOVES. I bought my 4790k system (well, built it) when I read about the math-core upgrade on the white papers for the processor. It was a monster of an upgrade from my previous Fx 6300 PC. There's no comparison, performance DOUBLED in raw numbers, and games became much smoother.

ZEN, now known as RyZen, the new chips from AMD coming out the 2nd week of January in 2017... a few weeks away - should be STELLAR performers in Beamng.drive compared to the FX or APU series, and close to the intel line of CPU performance. This is all tentative, nothing's written in stone, but judging by the rendering demos and FPU improvements on white-papers, it should really be something to consider if you're looking to upgrade now (wait!!!) to within the next few months.
    RyZen isn't the only fresh actor on the scene. The AM4 platform will support DDR4, Sata III, M.2, new USB connections and speeds too.

Naples server platform I personally have my eye on. Up-to-32-core / 64-thread cpu - and MORE THAN ONE CPU!!!! That's a LOT of Beamng.drive cars.

If anything, RyZen's release should really knock processor prices down from Intel, so long-story-short you'll get more cpu for less, in the long run.
    If AMD can pull this off, it will save the company.

On another note, VEGA should be coming out the 1st half of 2017 sometime, so keep an eye out for that, it should also be something to keep an eye peeled for in the video-card spectrum.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

Here's mine:

Asus X551C
    Intel Pentium dual-core CPU 2117 @ 1.80 GHz
    8.0 GB RAM
    Intel HD Graphics card
    X551CAP.203 BIOS
    Intel Display Audio Drive

Quite difficult to determine if mine will run without exploding.

5. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It does make your computer explode. That's why it's currently spewing exhaust out of a tailpipe.

6. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

However, it lags like absolute hell if I'm on highest graphics settings with 3-4 T-Series next to each other. That's why I'm running them on LOW graphics settings.

7. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

CPU: Sandy-Bridge 2xxx cpu
    Cars it should just run. Don't run more than two or the FPS will cut in half. Performance should be barely adequete but by no means stellar or super-smooth.
    Video: Intel Integrated video routine on 2xxx cpu with DDR3 system memory (assumed)
    Your system is below the minimum requirements for video and hence not supported, but you can still try to run anyways in 720p. Don't expect stellar performance again, it may not even be adaquete.

8. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

G4400
    RX 460 2GB
    8GB
    1920x1080

9. iTzPolipolo

iTzPolipolo
    Expand Collapse

i play with this, what do you mean?
    intel i5 4210h 2.9 ghz
    8 g ram ddr3
    gtx 850m
    1920x1080

is a msi laptop but i hava a monitor, keyboard and mouse

10. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Good enough for me :)

I7-7700k @ 17.8GHz
    8gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz
    Titan X Pascal @ 4.9GHZ

11. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a:

Compaq Presario 1700 laptop
    64 MB of ram
    Windows Millennium Editio-
    No. Absolutely not.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lets go Canada !!!

Lets go Canada !!!
    Expand Collapse

Will this run
    Gtx 750 ti
    16gb of ddr3 ram 1600mhz
    Intel core i3 running at 3.10ghz
    I'm also getting a new dell server computer for free it is only few years old running I don't the specs just yet but it has a 12 core cpu and at least more then 12gb of ram
    --- Post updated ---
    How about this a dell gx optiplex 290 running at 2.26 GHz pentium 4
    1gb of ddr1 ram 40gb hdd and Windows Xp
    That's what my parents had back in early 2000s pice of junk now tho
    --- Post updated ---
    Lol

13. Poopoh12

Poopoh12
    Expand Collapse

That first one should be pretty decent, the second one could be horrible or amazing, it depends on what Xeon it has and what GPU you put in, pretty sure if it already has one it's trash lol. And what're you talking about, you're parents PC is legit, git gud man, that would totally max out any game. Lol

14. Lets go Canada !!!

Lets go Canada !!!
    Expand Collapse

How about this a dell gx optiplex 290 running at 2.26 GHz pentium 4
    1gb of ddr1 ram 40gb hdd and Windows Xp
    Lol they even have older really I'm mean older laptop I don't now the specs tho

• Like Like x 1
  15. iPed22

iPed22
    Expand Collapse

I know it'll run, but I want your opinion on how well it will run.
    I5-4690
    8gb of 1666mhz ram
    R7 260X

16. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

CPU: Intel Duo E7500
    RAM: 512MB
    GPU: Intel G41
    Resolution: 400x320

A bit off-topic but here's my legendary Lenovo Think Centre back at China that still able to run BeamNG v0.6 as I went home last summer, it won't even turn on now

#56 1185323118, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  17. Poopoh12

Poopoh12
    Expand Collapse

Any idea what the problem is? It's a shame to let good PCs go.

18. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Mine is in my signature and its got enough horsepower already under the hood to play any game I like at 1080p :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Poopoh12

Poopoh12
    Expand Collapse

It's nice to have money lol. And that should be capable of any game at 1440p and most games at 2160p.

20. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, if I had to make improvements it wouldnt be the processor thats fine enough as is, its the graphics card I would LOVE to go a Titan XP and maybe 64GB ram....I cant go 128GB because Haswell-E wont support it thats a Broadwell-E supported thing and the 10 core is utterly pointless....its too over priced....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice