1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Mod support meeting #2 - Announcement thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by meywue, Jun 29, 2016.

1. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Dear community,

here we are again! We're happy to announce Mod Support Meeting #2!

We appreciated that so many of you joined the first event. So we decided to repeat this experience.

The second Mod Support Meeting will be on July 02, 2016 at 11 pm CEST.

We'll soon create a Mod Support Meeting #2 section in the forum where you can add your specific questions about your content creation problems.

As soon as the section is open you'll be able to create a thread with your question. We'll do our very best to answer your questions until the event.

During the event you'll have the possibility to get live support.

Please drop your suggestions, expectations and wishes in this thread to give us the opportunity to prepare this event as good as possible for you. :)

Cheers!

PS: Please be aware that we'll delete off-topic content without notice in here. ;)

#1 meywue, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 15
  2. DapperDan

DapperDan
    Expand Collapse

It would be alot easier just to have say, a sorting option, so basiclly have one section for maps and another section for vehicles and others.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

Awesome ! I like the fact that this time we will be able to post our questions in advance
    If I have multiple questions that are about the same mod but that don't require the same knowledge, should I create as many threads as questions or one thread with all the questions ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey,

separated threads will be clearer for all who contribute. So every thread will cover one single problem. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey,

thank you for the suggestion. For now it's not necessary but we'll add it if we have a lot of requests.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Darthbob555

Darthbob555
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad that this is back again. The first was very helpful for some quick answers to problems :). I think that something that should be brought up is lua for scenarios as there isn't much for documentation. Something like world editor type functions would be really helpful, for example, moving a car with its momentum or adding momentum to a stationary car.

• Like Like x 2
  7. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

I have a world editor question. Can I use a terrain block just for a background without loosing my main terrain collision? If it is possible, how is this done ? thank for any help :)

8. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it's an idea to hire some people as a small support team? And btw, this is awesome! Just like the AMA (I think that's what it's called), but just a small support team that has the brains for games. And how much support are you guys able to give? Because I've been trying to make a vehicle for a long time, but I am unable to finish it well. I don't know much about modding and the jbeam. So i'd love to get some help.

9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

The last one was really useful. Looking forward to this one.

• Like Like x 2
  10. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey,

you can use the upcoming section to create a thread with your specific question :)

Actually we try to improve our documentation all the time but it's very time consuming.

As I said if you've encountered a problem, please let us know and we'll give our best to solve the problem with you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

nice
    just a simple question
    Will the suggestion i made to @synsol about multiple repo authors a thing, or will it be just an idea?

• Like Like x 1
  12. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey,

we talked about it and we're currently working on the repository in general. Unfortunately I cannot assure you that we're going to add this feature.

• Like Like x 1
  13. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey,

please use as well the upcoming section to drop your specific question. You can also add files there that will be reviewed. If you don't want to share your files publicly, you can always send a message to @synsol and/or me to have a look at it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Carsokos

Carsokos
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Idea: For 0.6 release, BeamNG will already include a mod catalog and a 3D Modeler along with texture creation

15. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

First: This doesn't belong in this thread.
    Second: The devs use blender and other programs themself, there is no need for another 3D modeler or some texture editing software.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice