Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by woot, Oct 22, 2015.

1. woot

woot
    Expand Collapse

Why is there no multiplayer?.

2. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

To put it simply, it's waaaay to CPU intensive.

3. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Only if client-side is done. There's a number of ways to approach multiplayer, but don't succumb to the mindset that it's impossible. It's not coming soon, but IMO it will come eventually.

to @woot:

because it's not done yet. There's no good sounds, no good engine simulation, no career, etc.

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

network intensive really. Assuming a few shortcuts arent used.

5. apple

apple
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

i have an idea how this works the orther pc runs a part of the server and the orther side runs an orther part to booth the same map or just local becouse witch 2 game pcs to gether gets a good rig

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

And in english?
    I assume you are not a programmer, network engineer or someone with experience in the field? It doesnt work like that

7. apple

apple
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

wel i saw a a video tha tyou can play witch 2 player on 1 pc 2 monitor 2 keyboard ect linus tech tip

8. apple

apple
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

f this keyboard today sorry :)

9. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

Did you notice that they were right infront of each other? we are looking at people on the otherside of the world, what they did was turn one pc into two with a laptop running something idk its complicated.

But that has nothing to do with bringing beamng multiplayer, all they did was turn one computer into to and played a game on it, nothing else.

The amount of data that needs to be sent over a network for beamng is stupid high, 2mb worth of node data, yeah, 2mb is small, but send that over a network in real time, you'd be killing someone in Aussie Land with our 0.3 upload, it takes 20 minutes to upload just 15mb.

10. apple

apple
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

but for local play .. its a great idea if you pc can run 60 fps witch 3 to 4 cars it wil work

11. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I find it incredibly difficult to read your posts.

12. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

To be honest, you'd only have to send stuff like position and deformation changes, which is a lot less. And I'd be happy with just LAN support, that'd allow me to play with friends, and if you really wanted to do online, there's software like Hamachi. Would save the developers a lot of work too (compared to "real" online).

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Would save the developers zero time compared to real online. Only change between true online and LAN is discovery of games/matchmaking, which isnt even a requirement if you just have a box to type an IP/URL into.

14. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

There's some port magic involved with making connections beyond your modem, but you're mostly right. I did mean matchmaking and other master server stuff (like mod resolving or some-such) when I said "real online", and my post was mostly meant to indicate that I'd be satisfied with that IP-box. "LAN" was indeed a poor (wrong) choice of word (acronym).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice