1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Something is still on the horizon ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by r00t, Jun 19, 2016.

1. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 72
  2. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

Wow, wow, only thing can say is wow.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

OMFG!!!! Carrer mode!!! Thank you devs

• Like Like x 4
  4. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

It's better than what I expected it to be, covered more topics and statistics than I thought there were.

The concept art for that campaign mode slightly reminds me of that in the last Motorstorm game's campaign cut-scenes. But that's what I picked up.

• Like Like x 3
  5. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

That garage looks so professional and like something out of an AAA game. Can't wait for the future.

I also love when you guys keep in touch with fans; the recent burst of social media posts have really helped drive hype and push new players to the game.

Edit: For multiplayer, I'd just love to see a player run used vehicle marketplace, where we could sell used cars and buy parts off totaled cars or even buy totaled cars to use in derbies. It could give players who don't have much cash an option for decent cars.

#5 crazikyle, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 10
  6. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

Devs... thank you so much for every second of hard work you have put into this game, it really is incredible to see how far it has come. Its enough that this game is my most played game I own and will continue to be in my favorites of all time list, I am sure I am not alone in that regard. Cannot wait to see what the future holds!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

I have to say, the art you guys have is so badass. Good luck to Sebastian with the sound system, can't wait to see, I mean hear, your hard work. I am certainly looking forward to the physics optimizations, as well as optimizations on the render side of things. Thank you so much, to everyone, for your hard work and dedication on the game. I greatly appreciate your work.

I have a few questions, do you have plans to add soft and/or rigid, non-static bodies, such as destructible buildings and trees, to maps?

Also, since I remembered things wrong the last time I was on the topic, do you have any plans to licence the physics engine? Or consider an offer if it was made?

• Like Like x 3
  8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I really enjoy your game. If you ever wish to use one of my interstate maps, feel free. Regardless, I'll still keep making them anyways :)
    I don't know what I did without Beam, but there's over 700 hours logged on Steam in one year's time, and I am sure about half that much more in offline/non-Steam-launched time (desktop shortcut).
    I am disabled, and can do textures, levels, sounds, and have a knack for building highways. I waited since the era of the 486, modding doom levels, hoping for a game like this to come out. You've delivered.

• Like Like x 3
  9. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

Great blogpost! Can't wait to see what the future will bring.

10. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Awesome blogpost to put things into perspective. This is all my hopes and dreams ever wanted; official word of what is to, and could possibly become. Thank you.
    Multiplayer is all I need... (yes I know it's not a guarantee, and that y'all know it's what most of us want, but I just had to say it.)

11. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

Awesome :] looking good. I hope there will still be free Rome mode.

12. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Sounds great, lots of goodies in there. Honestly, though, I don't know what I'm gonna do once BeamNG's done. What am I going to excitedly anticipate?

One eensy nitpick; BeamNG.Drive had only five vehicles upon release: the D-Series, Grand Marshall, Covet, H-Series, and Bolide, more or less in order of development. The sixth, the Moonhawk, was added almost exactly a month after the game's initial release.

• Like Like x 2
  13. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

God, this looks good so far, can't wait!

14. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Looking back at having the game when it was new, the changes are very big, until now i never looked at it back in perspective, but now i can see that the development has made a really big jump.

can't wait for vulkan :)

• Like Like x 4
  15. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if to post this in hear or the update Speculation thread. Just want to ask a few things.

With the Campaign mode. first when you say buy cars. Does this save the J-beam. So if i restart the game the dent will still be there.

Also what does archetype mean. ? ( am not the smartest cookie ) Is that like Minivans sedans ect. As in more kind of cars.

Also When you say the 0.6 release. Do you mean is that the Next update. Or will it be like normal where you update by 0.1. i.e Next update

0.5.7 ?

What missions will be there.

And Most in-portent.

Will there still be free roam mode. ( any map any car any parts ect. )

Sorry for spelling. And sorry if i look dumb.

( i am dumb )

• Like Like x 1
  16. welshtoast

welshtoast
    Expand Collapse

Wow! Just Wow! Holy Sh*t, you guys, just WOW

17. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

This gives me incredible visions of a monstrously huge game, community and options. I mean I can barely deal with all that is happening now!
    Any doubts on the BeamNG longevity subject, shut yer' godamn pie holeso_O.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Awesome, great work devs can't wait to see what you guys have on-store for the future.

19. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

Enjoyed reading this blogpost, really kind words from the team. Big Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

It's amazing how far you guy's have come in just 3 years and I wish you guys every success in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice