Underrated cars

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by falcon xr8, Jan 22, 2015.

1. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

So some cars have a bad name. Maybe by brand image looks ect. This thread is or any type of car. From all over the world.

For the first post am sure Aussies Will know these cars

Sorry it's 11:35 pm so my spelling will be horrible :eek:

Car one layland p76. Take a car brand from the uk. ( Layland ) At the time when Layland was bad in the 70s. The fuel of 1973 fuel crisis. The looks where love it or hate. The car fell apart. And the big 3 where better ( ford holden and valiant ) But now these are classic's. They made i think 18.000 of them ( Also force 7 coupe only 7 made )

2 AU Falcon. Ford went for a new look in the falcon for 1998. It had a inline 6 rwd. But it had very love it or hate it look's most people hated it. ( The xr6 and xr8 people likeed also my name is from ford falcon xr8 lol ) But they where built very well ( apart from the cyl heads ) And they did almost one mill kms as taxis. They sold well. And lots are still going to day.

Last and not least. The vn commodore. In 1988 Ford brag out the ea falcon. ( ford was our top selling car in the 80s ) Holden went to a small car after the kingswood died. The vb commodore was a smaller rwd sedan ( opel fan will see that it looks allmost the same ) Ford still offered full size cars. The falcon was in wagon ute sedan and van. But holden in the 80s lost the van ( for ever after the wb in 1984 ) And ute for a few years.

In 1988 Holden went back to full size in the vn. Back was the ute aswell. But the body was a opel omega. It run a buick v6 meant for fwd cars. ( vn was rwd ) it fell apart and bogans ( aussie way of saying redreck ) Added stupid mods.

Finding a good nick vn is hard. But one that's like new a nice find
    A au falcon xr6 or better xr8 is a cheap hot rod
    P76 a geat unique Aussie classic.

And any Aussie v8 ute. Us Aussies love the ute. AShame soon they will be a thing of the past. The the u.s needs Aussie utes. The Chevy ss is a vf commodore. The pontiac g8 was a ve commodore. So why Holden don't you offer and ford offer some or our utes

Post what you think is/was a under rated car

Attached Files:

• 1974-leyland-p76-targa-florio-1WIDE.jpg
    • yellowforce7vcoffs.jpg
    • Holden_Calais_VN_Sedan.jpg
    • 1998-2000_Ford_AU_Falcon_Futura_sedan_(2011-06-15)_01.jpg
    #1 falcon xr8, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

TBH you mentioned the same cars I was going to, so yeah. The SS VN's and XR8 AU's are some sexy vehicles, but the Lleyland P76 is just absolutely gorgeous.
    396485_357341510951383_1912666290_n.jpg IMG_6248.jpg
    Also something I think is underrated by foreigners is utes, they seem to think they are just for show and useless.
    2w6rwg1.jpg
    2w6rwg2.jpg 2w6rwg4.jpg
    2w6rwg3.jpg
    2w6rwg5.jpg 2w6rwg6.jpg
    2w6rwg7.jpg 2w6rwg8.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Underrated? 1999 Fiat Coupe. Everyone seems to forget that this car ever existed, but I think it's pretty cool.

(imported from here)

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

3rd gen Honda Prelude. People think it's an Accord coupe, or just some Honda. It's not. It outhandled every Ferrari and Porsche when it came out in 1987. Double wishbone in front when everyone else was doing struts. Multilink in rear when everyone was doing cheap semi-independent torsion bar junk. 4-wheel disc brakes standard in 1987 when modern cars are still coming with rear drum brakes. I have one. It has the best steering and handling of any car I've ever driven, and it's beautiful. I only know one other guy with a 3rd gen Prelude and it's an auto and he ruined it with a crappy homemade rattlecan paintjob :(

lude1.jpg

These things should be highly valued collector cars for the way they drive and the innovations they brought (not to mention the gorgeous styling), but they're not. Which is good for me, because I got this car for cheap :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

I just love those steelies.
    First to third gen Preludes are amazingly good looking. Another underrated Honda: '79 Civic. It might be an economy crapbox, but it actually looks great.

(imported from here)

And the '84 City Cabrio. This car is absolutely awesome.

Actually, most Hondas between 1980 and 2000 are underrated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

It sounds odd but I actually love the 95 Honda Odyssey
    Odyssey1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

I love the old Hondas. Gabe you"re Honda is awesome man. My mate has the 4ws one.

8. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

Das odd... very odd...

9. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

I like it for the same reason I like many 90's cars: Clean, simple design. While they might look a bit dull, they just can't go wrong.

10. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

You're gonna hate me for asking this...but does it drift? :D

11. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

As far as I'm aware they're all FWD from that generation, so probably not in the way you're expecting.

As for my underrated car, the B5 Audi A/S4:

(imported from here)

12. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

It's FWD, so probably not.

13. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Ford-Territory-FX6.jpg ford_falcon_ba_xr_manu-01.jpg
    The Ford Territory (2004-2016), A crossover SUV based on the Ford Falcon (BA & FG).It had an optional 5 seats or 7 seats, It came in RWD and AWD and either a 4.0 L Barra I6 (turbocharged petrol) or a 2.7 L Duratorq V6 (turbocharged diesel). They handle absolutely beautifully and accelerate like a Ferrari, If I ever have to get an SUV this is no doubt what I will buy. (Side-by-side with their matching Falcon)
    1408061639125.jpg-620x349.jpg 2013-ford-falcon-wallpaper-idncwoqg.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I am gonna be the weirdo here...

I don't know why, but I have always had this goofy fasination with really underpowered, really simple, small cars like the Fiat 500

4-fiat-500-furniture.jpg

or the Citroen 2CV

citroen_2cv_by_emigepa-d50yr5v.jpg

I dunno... just something about them that most people hate that I really like...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

16. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

It's just great. It's a cute little car like the 1984 city, plus flared fenders which make it look even more cute and a softtop cabrio roof that makes it awesome.
    They should totally build this car again.

I wouldn't call the 2CV underrated at all, it's pretty much a French icon.

17. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Oh well I dunno, most people I talk to where I am at have never even heard of it. My bad.

18. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Aw mate, the 2CV is the best thing ever. I love how simple, yet effective the (fully independent) suspension is. It just works so well.
    The car has tons of body roll, but it's almost impossible to flip it on purpose. Also, the fan cooled flat twin, and that beautiful dash shifter.

If you've heard this driving IRL, you'll know it sounds amazing.

19. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

What a dapper little car. Can't agree more! ;)

As for my underrated car, I'll have to plug the MA61 Celica Supra. Looks fantastic, drives fantastic (even with the positively anemic 5ME I6) and oozes with 80s style.

(imported from here)

20. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice