Underrated cars

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by falcon xr8, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Long Island, actually. But he broke the 3 million mile mark while in Alaska. And yes, it is a pretty great car.

I thought about linking the NY Post article, since the Guinness article doesn't have any pictures of the beaut. But while maintaining a car for that long and that much distance is inspiring, that last line of the article is kinda depressing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  3. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

You said that you have a Volvo? what kind? I've got a 2006 V50 T5 AWD

• Like Like x 1
  4. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Old 254 in a Maroon Red, has around 200 000 Kilometers on it and it still runs fine

5. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

I love the recent Volvos. my mother has a 2013 xc70 wagon and it makes my car feel like a minivan. I wouldn't be surprised if it's making more than the claimed 300hp. it hit's the 130mph governer with most of 6th left. it rides nicer than any Mercedes I've ever been in. Volvo is a quality brand no question.

6. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

What kind of engine? I heard it was a 6-cylinder?

7. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Transverse inline 6 turbo. 325 foot pounds of torque and it makes full boost at 2200 rpm. that power train is a winner. by 4k it starts bleeding off boost to keep the power curve flat. with a tune I bet it would make 360hp minimum. the 6 speed auto is nice too. good ratios. such a nice car.

8. JetPoweredMacintoshâ„¢

JetPoweredMacintoshâ„¢
    Expand Collapse

what engine

9. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

When I was still working at the Porsche shop, one of my bosses friends had a Volvo 850 turbo from 1994 I think. it needed a new radiator and I got stuck with the Install. after installing the new radiator we figured it wouldn't overheat anymore. all the lines were and place and we all gathered round to see what happened. I started the car and within seconds oil started pouring out of the coolant reservoir. the head mechanic flipped on me and told me I must have mixed up a coolant or oil line somewhere and called the owner out. the owner of the shop takes one look at the mess and tells the the owner of the Volvo it's time to buy a new car. the head warped and destroyed the gasket, leaving me in the clear, and everyone else amused. I think that was a week before I quit working there. that Volvo was a really cool car however.

10. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

No clue, the badging was removed when I bought it...

11. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

I think those volvos have a 2.3 Liter SOHC Fuel Injected Inline-four, or a 2.4 Liter SOHC Direct Injected Diesel Inline-six

12. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, it appears to be a I4

13. Poopoh12

Poopoh12
    Expand Collapse

1995 Geo Tracker, very versatile little car/truck.
    Our everyday driver is a 96' I think? That is a little bit of everything, stock, offroad, and street. It's got Pirelli road tires (Not sure of size) they are surprisingly good in snow and decent in the dirt, amazing on road as expected, stock suspension, custom made offroad bumpers, skid plate, plow rig (Yes for snow lol) and all kinds of stuff. No pics unfortunately...

#233 Poopoh12, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  14. rryz19

rryz19
    Expand Collapse

Um, the link to the photos are broken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Poopoh12

Poopoh12
    Expand Collapse

I just took out the pictures, good enough of a fix lol :p

16. Faction54

Faction54
    Expand Collapse

1999 Golf MK4 R32, it was dissmissed as a ricer car but I have a slightly modded one at home and it's fantastic.
    1987 Honda Civic MK3 (Ibishu Covet...), people say it's some old junk but I love it!
    2003 Dihatsu Charade MK2, Dihatsu is such a depressing brand but the Charade is brilliant...

• Like Like x 2
  17. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

I actually really like the really old civics, and I normally dont like hatchbacs or japanese cars

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Poopoh12

Poopoh12
    Expand Collapse

I agree on the Golf and the Civic, the late 80's Golfs are some of my favorite cars actually. But I've never really seen the Daihatsu so can't comment on that lol.

• Like Like x 1
  19. rryz19

rryz19
    Expand Collapse

Yea, I like the reliability of these cars and they get decent gas mileage with little or no electronics involved.

Too bad every time I see one, they are usually hellaflushed or usually have fart can exhausts where I live.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Faction54

Faction54
    Expand Collapse

That's why people don't like them...

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice