1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I find it quite strange that a German sports car has a diesel engine, and yet the American pickup truck doesn't.

2. Squatch32560

Squatch32560
    Expand Collapse

Ford Dodge Chevy all have diesel trucks. I don't know where you're finding your info.

We a diesel Bug. Even though it's German. It's made here.

3. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

He's talking about the in-game vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I expect some car to be released but being honest I am not really sure what is gonna happen with the updates...thats all I can say

5. Squatch32560

Squatch32560
    Expand Collapse

Oh my bad, It didn't seem like it. I guess I don't look at the vehicles as being American or German or from any country. Just shit to crash. haha.

• Like Like x 1
  6. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

I was talking about diesel trucks in the US

7. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Come to portugal. We pay the same tax for a 2L diesel and a 1.3L petrol engine, and diesel is much cheaper than petrol aswell.
    That would explain the abundance of "TACKATACKATACKATACKATACKATACKA" you hear at every stop light.

8. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Dont need to come to portugal to hear that i have that here too but recently i dont here it that odten anymore
    OT: i really hope we get a pic of the hopper soon

9. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Here, in Poland you see tons of old crapwagens 1.9tdi, and sadly not very much in the way of pickup trucks (in my city [about 100k] there are only 4 American pickup trucks that is: 3 Ram's 1500 and one Ford F150). Europe is really boring in the way of cars, every car looks about the same, uses the same technology and it's only purpose is to slowly transport you from A to B. And now our stupid government wants to raise taxes for big engined cars even more (just taxes alone with car like corvette z06 will be about quoter of its price).

10. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

Come to india. Its petrol Motorcycles, or V16 diesel trucks/vans/buses

11. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

more like

coicoicoicoicoycoicoicoi

12. rick harrison

rick harrison
    Expand Collapse

Ok I know this was posted a long time ago, But I just read this now. Sorry.

In fact, I bought a diesel just for its sound, 1997 Ford F250 7.3 *cough* power stroke>cummins *cough*. and I dont regret buying one. lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

ln New Zealand diesel cars aren't that popular mostly because you have to pay road user charges. as diesel isn't taxed over here.

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm thinking there will be update in 1 month from now, but I'm usually wrong :)

Diesel as 4 cylinder sounds horrible, 6 cylinders quite nice, 12 cylinder 2-stroke == Awesome! :)

One of the best things in diesel was the torque, turbo diesel with automatic transmission was really nice, it moves car so effortlessly that there is something classy about it. Old diesels also had really nice torque from the idle, no need to touch throttle when moving manual car on parking lot, where as petrol/gasoline car had to be given rpm to just move it a bit.

Of course this was with older pre electronics era, newer diesel cars somewhat lost this ability, then even newer cars got all kind of helping functions, where ECU applied more throttle automatically if you used clutch without throttle and engine's rpm did drop, that was needed with diesel cars then as they lost that massive torque on idle at some point when moving from mechanical to electronic engine management.

Before 1990-1993 almost all diesel cars did use mechanical management and after 1998 almost everything had electronics, can't remember any without electronic system from that year or more recent.

At 80's I had a truck/lorry which I used to deliver gravel, there was bit of issue with engine cut off, so had to shut it off by stalling with gears, problem was that 12 liter diesel had so much torque at idle, that I had to use bigger gears, brakes were not strong enough on lower gears to stall that motor.

You don't have throttle butterfly/flap/valve at intake with diesel, so RPM and power is controlled by how much fuel is injected, that then gave quite strong torque at idle as there was lot less losses, also CR is lot higher with the diesel, so shape of torque curve is quite different and how much torque is available on low throttle behaves quite differently, that makes diesel so much nicer to drive as you don't need to beg for torque, it is always there.

I'm still not against a screaming 12 cylinder 5 litre naturally aspired petrol/gasoline motor of Italian flavor, of course from time before 90's as with any automotive related things ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stance02

Stance02
    Expand Collapse

Anyway, back to update speculation...

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

The devs were really rather quiet these days probably are working hard as always wich i really apreciate

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

There was an new italy post. I like the challenging roads.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Where, can you link it?

19. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

20. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Can't wait to take my G27 and some Bolide for dat map...

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice