1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

Here's hoping Italy comes with the ability to resize license plates.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  2. gregory dobbs

gregory dobbs
    Expand Collapse

hey do you guys think you can come up with different super cars than just the bolide and the sbr4 like maybe another civveta brand car please i would like to see that happen thank you

3. WolfieJones

WolfieJones
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

So, I've been digging around the Italy Progress... (sorry if this has been posted before)

I started comparing this map:

with other Screenshots. Yes, I know, the map is almost 4 months old, the screens are very WIP and probably lots of things were changed, but it might give us an idea of how the map will look like: (everything on the maps have exclamation marks because it is... well... Speculation)

This part is where the Old Village is planned to be. Interestingly, it seems like the road or the screenshot was inverted.

I've also realized this ruin on the backbroung of this pic. It's probably a placeholder for the Villa or the map was changed, just like the last corners getting to the main road were (probably).

And then there's this place:

Because of the ramp and the direction its heading, the car is probably going North east/west or South east/west, and on the third image, we can see that the road makes (or almost makes) an U. All pictures were released before the map sketch, so I tried to find it there:

Unfortunatelly, the trees have either despawned or drawn over, or this is an even early screen of the map, but judging by the turn, small vegetation, beach and the edge of the map, this could be it.

There's also this place:

Judging that it was together with the second image, it's probably the same place. However, both screens were released at the same day, and the other image looks very unfinished, so it could be a totally different place.

I also tried looking at this to find these locations, or Lisa's graffiti walls, but nothing, they are either on the other side of the map, despawned or were removed.

There are lots of other images like these and some offroad ones that are either impossible or very difficult to find at the moment.

• Informative Informative x 8
  5. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

We have forza horizon 2 in BeamNG now. Great

6. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

Essentially all of the actual objects you see on the map are temporary 5 minute jobs to test either the object or visualize the location. Trees, walls etc are probably only going to be added right at the end after the roads and everything is done due to how time consuming their placement is (especially for 16sq km). Good job guessing the Sunburst and first road pic though, those are very accurate :)

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

really looking good!
    How about a resort and a beach for tourists on the upper right corner? That would make sence imo :)

8. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Man, I was already really excited for that location, but seeing it visualized on that map ... I might be getting even more hyped up for Italy than West Coast despite WC having an excellent Laguna Seca-esque race track and the climate I'm personally familiar with. We're going to be spoiled for racing and filming options when those two maps release.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

Wow, thanks for replying. And funny how your "temporary 5 minute jobs" look way nicer than 99% of user maps (no offense to Modders intended). Kind of sad knowing that they're temporary tho...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Is it just me or does the southern fort look a bit phallic from above?

11. AMG V12

AMG V12
    Expand Collapse

Please don't start that again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I didn't realize that had been a thing already since I don't tend to follow this thread. Sorry in advance for if it starts something.

13. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

Thanks but to be fair what you see in the shots of Italy are very carefully crafted so they look "finished" :D

• Like Like x 14
  14. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

Italy is starting to look AWESOME. I hope there are some off road trails both easy and difficult

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

Well played.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Personally I am really looking forward to the new Italy map. Greece was my favourite map on RoR and its looking like this map may capture some of that and then some some.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Man, I wish was old enough to work here, @tdev said there's an open position and if it's in HTML, CSS, or JS programming, I would really feel sad because that's what I'm best in.
    Just FYI, their website is ready! http://beamng.gmbh/
    --- Post updated ---
    Update - It's not in HTML, it's in C++

18. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

1 month and 4 days since last major update
    Maybe BeamNG is going to be updated once two months now?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

I'm starting to think, which has more progress, West Coast USA, or Italy. I'm looking forward to WCA.:)

20. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I'm hoping that the next update, whether it be 0.8.0.2 or 0.9, will have the Hopper and the D-Series Crew Cab. I think the D-Series Crew Cab is probably going to be a part of the next update, but the Hopper, remains another story.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice