1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Dude, that's way too long, I say maybe mid to late October

• Like Like x 2
  2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

I doubt they'll go another month without pushing out an update, even if they don't release all their work. I'll say there's a small chance that it's tomorrow, a decent chance next friday, and I'm almost certain it'll be before two weeks from now.

Whatever, just speculation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Like that guy said, September 23rd.......

• Like Like x 1
  4. Toron Beldevar

Toron Beldevar
    Expand Collapse

I'll just throw in my two cents, because the update is probably really close by this point and I'll just voice my opinion on the stuff in the speculation list as well as a few other things which I think may or may not be in version 0.7:

• The new trailers that @gabester posted, specifically the flatbed trailer, the liquid tank trailer, and the TastiCola skin for the dry van trailer, are obviously complete, and there may even be additional new trailers/upfits for the T-Series and possibly the D-Series. Certain to be released
      • On that note, it appears that ropables may also be added as there are tie-downs holding some wood planks onto the flatbed trailer. Certain to be released
    • The "fancy stuff" that @Nadeox1 revealed has been complete for a while; he even said himself that these changes would be released in the next update. Certain to be released
    • It's been a little while since the new driveline and differential demonstration/brainstorming by @Diamondback and @Goosah was shown. I assume that, by now, the devs should have all of the different types of diffs implemented, and all they need to do is fine tuning so each diff behaves correctly under certain circumstances. Certain to be released
    • @stenyak recently updated the wiki, documenting new features added for 0.7, including adding additional global and vehicle-specific key bindings. The direct links to these pages can be found in @mumboking's post. Certain to be released
    • Lots of stuff (361 items to be exact, maybe much more by now) in deliberately unintelligible text posted by @stenyak ranging from bugfixes to netcode removal. Certain to be released
    • @tdev posted a micro blog demonstrating some improvements made to the Torque3D engine, as well as more minor things mixed in. These changes look complete and ready. Certain to be released
    • @tdev recently posted a picture of a dialog, which could allow online features to be enabled for the next update. He confirmed this after he updated the Privacy Policy, which now states that "certain online features" can be enabled starting with version 0.7. However, he then specifically stated that leaderboards and achievements are not going to be included. Certain to be released (to some extent)
    • I didn't see anything referring to a T75 dump truck in the game directory, possibly because the files were pulled from 0.6.1 (as part of the SBR4 hotfix) after they were mentioned, although I did discover a vertical sliding door for the cargo box... Possibly going to be released
    • The dyno... well, well, well... If it's couple of issues have been fixed, then that's great, it should be feasible for 0.7, but there hasn't really been an update on it since who-knows-when. Possibly going to be released
    • I was looking through the BeamNG.translation a while ago, and I noticed that there are quite a few ideas for more "driving school" scenarios that take place at Hirochi Raceway, just like the existing "Acceleration/Braking", "Cornering", and "Hairpins" tutorials. In fact, there might even be a full driving school at some point, although I have little faith that any of this will surface by the time the update is released. Unlikely to be released
      • On that note, there are also some things about careers and campaigns, but there isn't a whole lot of information hinting to these being released either. Unlikely to be released
    • About the LeGran, @gabester stated that it "will be going in-game very soon" after the I-Series, but he did not say specifically that it would be in 0.6.1 or 0.7. "Soon" can mean anything, from a couple of weeks to a few months, especially since he mentioned having issues with it a couple of weeks ago. It's possible that it might receive a screenshot ten days before the update like the Pessima did, or it simply won't make it. There has been a few updates that did not include a new vehicle, such as 0.4.0 or 0.5.3. If it isn't ready, then so be it; the update isn't going to be delayed just for one vehicle. Besides, there's the Ibishu 4x4 that he started on as well, which could also be a contributing factor for the LeGran's seeming slow progress. Unlikely to be released
    • As for sounds, I'm not sure if we'll get new sounds or a new sound subsystem in time for 0.7, but then again, we didn't find out we were getting Replay until we saw the changelog for 0.6, so something might come along. Unlikely to be released
    • West Coast USA is looking very good so far, but the city itself seems to be under construction still. The temporary buildings in downtown might not be torn down until the rest of the map is considered complete. Unlikely to be released
    • I wouldn't be surprised if it takes Italy until next year to be released. We've seen the landscape roll and the veggies grow, but that's about it. As it is the most ambitious map in the game, it's small wonder that they're taking the time to make everything spot on. Definitely not going to be released
    • Maybe some other things I forgot and don't have time to mention...

Because of the amount of known new features/improvements, the post by tdev about the update taking up to two months to develop, and the wiki updates, I'm placing my bet on October 7 at the latest.

• Like Like x 16
  5. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Wow... when I made that post I thought it was November for some reason :p

6. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

He meant a color slider to adjust the two tone colors.
    --- Post updated ---
    You're like the fox news of update speculation :p

• Like Like x 5
  7. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Oh, well, there is already a mod for that

8. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

The update will probobly be tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

How?
    --- Post updated ---
    Knock on wood

• Like Like x 1
  10. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Dyno info for those who are wondering.

• Like Like x 3
  11. JoshTheAwesome

JoshTheAwesome
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I agree. Friday and 2 months since last update.

People watch the forms look out for these suspicious things

1. Does Nadeox1 create a new thread and then it disappears

2. to look for this activity around 1 to 2 in the afternoon and then expect the update around seven

• Like Like x 1
  12. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

What do we think lads? What were the tell tale signs of an update again?

13. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Either a dev coming out and telling us when it is, or the previous version's feedback thread being locked/removed. Maybe this time around, you could check up on the remote control app on the play store, since we know that's getting an update.

Last time someone got lucky enough to see the next versions thread posted by nadeox before he made it hidden.

• Like Like x 3
  14. LukeFHJ

LukeFHJ
    Expand Collapse

Mid - late October is my presumption.

I'll be preoccupied with Mafia 3 over the next coming week or so anyway.

15. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

Mid - late October sounds like quite a bit away don't you think?

My assumption is replacing the network code has proven to be difficult to replace and they might be aiming to put this in in one go for the next update. Meanwhile though other stuff is being worked on so this update will definitely bring the game up a few versions.

Another thought is they decided for the next update to possibly bring the game up to its beta stage.
    One last thought is a late night release tonight? A little hopeful, but hey i'm just eagerly awaiting this game since most other games this year were a bit of a let down for me (i'm way too bloody picky with games.)

• Like Like x 3
  16. gmaksi83

gmaksi83
    Expand Collapse

This is getting boring, no news no conversation, and still no update... didn't ask because i know what the answer "when its done" very friendly, what can I say, better if i didn't say nothing otherwise get infraction "warning":)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

They just don't want to rush or have any specific deadlines, it's good that way, especially since these specific devs get the job done, and each time it's a Jaw-dropping job.
    The updates and news and etc is way more often than any other games, and the developers are really active in the community, it's just recently that they toned that down a bit, probably due to a lot of work load?

18. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

I can agree that the developers have been very quiet recently. I don't mind waiting for the progress, but showing progress certainly helps to restore faith in the game's overall progress and direction. Even if the devs just posted a pic of something half finished, whatever. The screenshot thread has been dead since early August, and the microblogs have been much less frequent.

Though personally, I don't really need to complain. Things are going well as I see it, hopefully an update is soon, but if it comes within a reasonable amount of time I am satisfied as a client to their product.

• Like Like x 10
  19. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Everyone's talking about when the update will be comming out while I'm here waiting for a screenie of the LeGran, even if it has next to no interior I would be happy chap.

20. Ahnaf458

Ahnaf458
    Expand Collapse

yeah a little peek at the LeGran would be cool, whatever stage of work it is in...... teasers are most welcome too :p

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice