Virtual Sailor and Vehicle Simulator and just Ship Sims in general

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by TheShipMaster, Jan 12, 2017.

1. TheShipMaster

TheShipMaster
    Expand Collapse

well just a place for ship people
    --- Post updated ---
    I also have a youtube channel all about this subject here is one of my BEST videos and another good one
    --- Post updated ---

2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I wish I still had Virtual Sailor.... For some reason it was just fun when I was needing to waste time on weekends or summer nights for hours on end. or do real time stuff and leave my computer on all night :p
    First tried the demo in what, 2008-2009, and purchased it later in 2009. Enjoyed it up until 2014 or so then it went unnoticed. Now I haven't gotten the chance to put it back on my current PC.

(Can anyone tell me if it works on Windows 10?)

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheShipMaster

TheShipMaster
    Expand Collapse

yes it does and I do the same thing I can get lost in the game for hours (btw I have windows 10) I started with the demo in about 2011 on a horribly underpowered laptop I have a great pc now it runs pretty good

• Like Like x 1
  4. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I started with a Dell Optiplex 270 or something... Pentium III processor at 1.2 GHz. The thing could play Grand Theft Auto III but not Vice City, Just to give an idea of its limits. That was outdated even when I started using it just a year prior or so. (And in 2012 Minecraft killed it.)
    Anyway that old machine ran Virtual sailor at 10-20 FPS if I was lucky. But hey back then I didn't care about framerate. In-fact I barely even noticed. It was just the norm.

Ofcourse my PC for BeamNG is going to be overkill for it (i5 4690k, 8 GB ram, MSI r9 270x 4GB) but I have a decent frame limiting program that works pretty well, as for Virtual Sailor last time I checked didn't have a frame limiter built in. (Vehicle simulator possibly? Idk I never tried that one.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice