1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Will it run?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simulationdude, Sep 1, 2013.

1. simulationdude

simulationdude
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

Just wondering if my computer would fit the requirements to play. I run most games on max and on the lowest settings of the techdemo i get 13 fps :eek: But that is the techdemo so maybe the regular alpha version is better and less poorly optimized. Here are my specs:

AMD A6 3400M 1.4 GHz Performance rated: 3.5 GHz
    AMD Radeon HD 6520G 512 MB dedicated vram
    6 gigs of ram

Just wondering before i spend 15 dollars on the thing.

2. 0xsergy

0xsergy
    Expand Collapse

That's why there is a tech demo, for you to try to see how it runs before you buy it. ;)

3. eletricmano

eletricmano
    Expand Collapse

If in the tech demo it runs at 13 FPS you will get about the same FPS in the alpha.

4. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

have you tried tuning off post fx and other settings yet? my pentium D (8 y/o) gets those fps

5. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Resolution makes a huge difference so go windowed if you haven't already and make sure that postfx is off. I have postfx off and the other settings on medium. (I run at 1336x768 or fullscreen depending on map or if I'm using multiple vehicles or something)

6. simulationdude

simulationdude
    Expand Collapse

I've tried everything. I get the same fps as i do on lowest as i do on medium. Game seems poorly optimized to me. I also can't see a different in the graphics between lowest and highest

7. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Ah, you seem to be suffering from the optimization problems that affect others. I dunno if they solved their problems though because I don't think I suffer from it even though I have an AMD system.

8. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

Your CPU is an entry level laptop CPU, it just isn't fast enough for BeamNG, even the first gen i3 laptop CPUs are faster. Also you have integrated graphics which again aren't good enough for BeamNG. At this point all you can do is hope that the devs release patches that increase performance or buy a new laptop/desktop. You can try pressing J in-game to see wether it's your CPU or GPU causing the lag.

9. simulationdude

simulationdude
    Expand Collapse

Actually, i have one of the best CPU's for laptops you can get. My laptop is better then ALL i3's for laptops and some i7's. From what you said its really just the game is "poorly optimized". This is the only game i don't run on high settings. Having a performance rated 3.5 GHz processor with a kick-start video card and getting 13 fps on a game that looks like minecraft.... :confused:

10. eletricmano

eletricmano
    Expand Collapse

A game that looks like Minecraft? Really? Is it that ​bad?

11. theshark

theshark
    Expand Collapse

You need new glasses.

[table="width: 0"]
    [tr]
    [td]Lowest settings[/td]
    [td]Highest settings[/td]
    [td]Minecraft[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td] screenshot_00046.jpg [/td]
    [td] screenshot_00047.jpg [/td]
    [td] 2011-08-17_19-37-28.png [/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]

Weird, my nearly 4 year old 1st gen intel i5-520M archives better benchmarkscores and better fps in beamNG.

#11 theshark, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  12. jeffbox

jeffbox
    Expand Collapse

OFF-TOPIC

Are you still using Minecraft alpha/beta?

13. theshark

theshark
    Expand Collapse

That's a screenshot from the internet. I personally don't play minecraft, but i think this screenshot resamples the general graphicsquality of minecraft.

14. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

ummmmmm, no, just no, your statement is so completley wrong, your pc is shit, BeamNG looks NOTHING like minecraft :/ so aprently your glasses are as well, or you need to get glasses :/

15. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

You said you run all games on max settings, I'm still laughing.

16. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

I think the laptop may have been a little falsely advertised. You can't run most games on max with those specs, it's a fact. That is not one of the best cpus because then everyone would buy it instead of spending twice as much money on an I5/I7 with a dedicated graphics card. Take everyone's advice and tune down your settings and stop lying, it just makes it harder for people to actually help.

17. simulationdude

simulationdude
    Expand Collapse

Beam has terrible graphics and poorly optimized. MY pc is not bad, its great, i max every game i play. I was assuming 13 fps but i check it and i am getting 50 fps on medium... sooooo :p

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for being a smart ass
    Stop defending the game or get a life.

18. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Come on there's no need to lie, you don't max any game with that laptop.

19. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

There's absolutely no way you max out every game you play with an integrated GPU and a 1.4GHz CPU. I know this for a fact because my laptop has a more powerful CPU and a more powerful GPU from the same manufacturer, and still struggles with a lot of games. BeamNG doesn't look terrible, you're just blind. It performs badly on crap machines because it's CPU intensive, not that you care to know that or anything.

20. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

stop lying to yourself, your laptop is utter shit, whoever told you it was good, obviously knows NOTHING about computer's, BeamNG does not have terrible graphics, you have a piece of shit pc, you most certainly DONT max out every game on those specs, its impossible, its also NOT poorly optimized, because if you look in my specs, im running it on an intel hd 2500 with no problem, so poorly optimized? HAHAHAHAHAAH, NO, its not poorly optimized, terrible graphics? no, im running at lowest settings, you have no idea what your talking about, your pc is not great, its crap

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice