This update has been in the works for a fair few months now, but it is finally here!
A lot of things have been changed or improved in this update, but the core premise and most scenarios resemble what they were before.
I will say that I do expect some bugs to be present (partly because I am terrible at bug testing ) and so the mod will be going back to beta.
Among the biggest of changes is that the code has been cleaned up massively and should make it easier to maintain from my point of view and more efficient from your point of view.
My next goal is to add a few more themes so that'll be here at some point but I'm going to take a break for a bit as this update was quite the workload.
They are too many changes to list (plus I probably forget a lot of them) so I’m going to list the highlights of the major and the minor changes:
- All scenarios take place in the “Hub-World” – a scenario which allows you to view your progress as well as adds progression through the themes
- Reworked most of the code to make it more efficient and easier to maintain
- Added a championship mode - each theme has a championship that can be unlocked if you get all diamond medals in that theme’s events. Once completed, it will fully complete that theme
- New UI changes – added both a medal UI to allow you to see your progress in an event and the next medal if you have already achieved a score. At the end of each scenario, you will get a breakdown of your score using the same layout as the campaigns do (ignore the medal at the right of the screen as it will be inaccurate to your actual medal achieved).
- Remade some scenarios (3:1, 3:2, 3:5)
- Scenario intro descriptions now use the campaign versions
There is one caveat with this: your previous save-file will no longer work with this update. Hopefully this is not too much of a problem for you
- Changed some assets around to be friendlier to the CPU/GPU (depending on your computer) and to take up less memory space
- Increased tessellations on some assets such as scoreboards to be better appearing
Below is a quick video showing off the hub-world and the new and improved scenario 3:5: