Well, hello again community. This time i have created a mod that requires a bit more effort and more creativity compared to my last mod that sadly i dont see myself updating due to a lack of interest and feedback.
Anyways this mod makes the ETK I-Series 2.4L and 3.0L with the Stage 1, 2 and 3 turbos and it's 3 transmissions for the D-Series, Roamer, Grand Marshall, and the Barstow.
- ETK I-Series 2.4 and 3.0L engines +turbos + transmission for Barstow, Roamer, D-Series and the Grand Marshall
- Latest update adds engine to the Moonhawk and Burnside with HQ thumbnails and configs
- 8 Custom configs that i have created that suit there name and my preferences (will accept further suggestions and tweaks as long as they are good)
- Pictures for the above configs that show the car
- Info.json's for the configs with stats and descriptions that describe each of the car
Notes for downloaders
- Some vehicles colours are not same as thumbnail, will possibly retake them in the future as the colour that each car uses looks best IMO
- All configs have the 3.0L engine with Stage 2 or 3 adjustable turbo and 6-speed manual gearbox for quick tuning if needed
- 1 config doesn't have a picture
- gear shifter shows up orange on the grand marshall due to no texture
(unaware of how to fix this)
- Driveshafts are close to the exit of gearbox but could be further fine tuned although it is not an issue unless you go and carefully look at it
- engines also need some more fine tuning with their placement to stop some clipping/overlapping issues
Future planned content
- Other vehicles
- Revised Info.json's
- Updated Higher quality thumbnails
- More configs
For manual mod install place in
@wrinkle345 - For writing his Engine porting tutorial for a bit of guidance on a couple of the steps.
@Narwhal - For indirectly inspiring me to make this mod because of his JDM Barstow post in the community screenshots that showed an I6 in the Barstow
BeamNG Devs for all the content that allowed me to make this mod.
@synsol for the many things that he made me do which in turn increased the quality of this mod, including reducing the file size, not overwriting original game content and the addition of Info.Json files to describe each config
Remember that this mod is currently in BETA so do not rate poorly because of problems on your end. If you think their is a problem with this mod
- Close the game
- Reload in Safe mode
- if problem is still there
- Clear cache and check if problems still exists, if so
- report in the DISCUSSION thread NOT the review as this annoys many mod makers including myself
- if problem is gone, keep playing and have fun
I hope you enjoy this mod, i will be making more of this type of engine swapping mods in the future and
I will happily accept other suggestions from the community for other engine swaps as long as they are reasonable and add to the mod.
ETK I-Series Engine Swaps 0.8
Adds the ETK I-Series engines, turbos and gearbox to 6 cars, now includes the Moonhawk and Burnside