This takes the pre-existing navigation app and removes the issue where you are unable to see the entire map on larger maps, it also adds a larger zoom level so you can see alot further!
Use: this mod does NOT overwrite the default navigation map, it adds a new app called "improved navigation" which has these features/fixes.
NOTE: Using the improved navigation map and the default navigation map at the same time on your ui will cause conflicts and issues
Improved Version (In Desert Highway Map):
Default Version (In Desert Highway Map, the map app had to be scaled to be the size of the entire screen just to get the entire section haha):
Increased Zoom (both are taken at default app size):
Improved Version Max Zoom Out (In Desert Highway Map):
Default Version Max Zoom Out (In Desert Highway Map):
- Higher Zoom Level
- Fixes cutoff with larger maps
- Zoom level Indicator
- Ability to hide the map without needing to remove it from gui
- Ability to export the entire map as a .svg, useful for things such as marking routes in time trials or having the entire map to use as a campaign map
- Ability to full screen the map, such as shown in the campaign mode in "A rocky start"
- Some maps have road size scaling messed up, currently working on a fix as of current, Currently testing it out!
- At higher speeds and when zoomed in, the map's roads may start disappearing, if I find out a fix then I'll include it in an update, but for now if this occurs, just zoom out a level in the minimap
If you have any issues or suggestions with/for the mod, feel free to leave a comment/review or message me on discord (Toastery#2075)
- Patched the bug where the roads were thicker on smaller maps
- Maximum sizes should now scale with the size of the map
- Roads should generally be more consistent with the look on the default map, this is because instead of having the maps elements getting compressed into a 2048x2048 area, they now are kept at their original size (note: with slower computers this may cause issues with the minimap on larger maps, please message me if you have issues!)
- Higher zoom limit and more zoom levels
- Fixed a bug that would cause certain larger maps to be cut off or not render at all, all map sizes should now be supported and render properly! (thanks rlas and hirochiibishu for reporting this!)
Beta Improved Navigation Map 0.1.2
Improves and fixes bugs in the pre-existing navigation map