From a time where America was doing everything it could to one-up the Russians...I give you:
--The Jetside Special--
A mod of the Burnside Special with a special, simulated jet-powered drivetrain. This mod is paying homage to the Chrysler Turbine Car from the 1960's.
An extremely gaudy video from the 60's showing off the basis car:
A good video by Jay Leno. Some original promo and design footage seen at 8:37+.
There are three configs:
- 2-Speed Automatic
- Sounds awesome
- Idles at 8K RPM; 40000 RPM redline
- Radiator customized to cool appropriately
- Higher-geared differential to lower top speed to realistic limits.
- Custom engine tuning (no previous performance basis)
- Quite fast for what it is
- Higher Ratio 'Reduction Gear' Automatic
- Similarly changed parts as above.
- Sounds awesome too.
- Can do skids.
- Developed by reptilians
- Drag Tires
- Proper Suspension
- 0-60 in under 3 seconds.
- Top speed theoretically 200 MPH.
- Tends to start on fire
These links helped my research:
allpar and autospeed .
Known bugs: Color changing seems to not be working..
Enjoy! This has actually taken a really long time; the game doesn't like high-rpm engines.
If you like my work, consider buying me lunch!
Alpha Jetside Special 2.0a3
Better than a turbo. 2.0