Steering helper that help you controlling your car without exceeding your car grip
if you find any issue with specific vehicles, please report them in the relative thread https://www.beamng.com/resources/steering-angle-grip-limiter.17089/
what it does?
- controls wheel lateral forces and reduces steering when one approaches grip limit
- works for understeer and oversteer
- reduce steering to prevent power steering out of control in rwd cars
- moves the steering faster when you need it for recentering and fast direction changes
- turns the wheel in the travel direction to keep the car steady during oversteer
how it works?
because I don't have money for a wheel, driving with keyboard is ass, people told it was impossible, and I grew annoyed at all of that
now comes with an app to check what's doing and turn it off if needed be
footage taken with controller, direct filter and no speed limiter:
a note of warning: using this mod let you drive closer to the limit at all time but you still lack the flexibility and convenience of a steering wheel so issues with standard car tunes are way more evident. in general you want a softer rear for rwd and a degree or two of toe out for awd, especially for fast offroading.
Beta Steering angle grip limiter 2.15
Limit steering angle based on grip available