This scenario has been quite the journey to get here: It began as an offshoot to the last level of my puzzle cube scenario pack, using some assets and code to create the blackhole. I wanted to use the blackhole for some more resources as I enjoyed making and using them into the scenario pack. However, I wanted to make this one more realistic, without, of course, making it far too complex and/or impossible to complete. This mod has been rather difficult to achieve and the date i wished to release it became further and further into the future. Though, eventually, it has become finished (ish). This scenario takes place in Utah, USA and uses the fastest SBR4 as it has a low center of mass and, of course, speed to its advantage.
Pictures (I don't want to spoil too much for you though):
- Custom models (some overlap from my other resource) which have dynamic movement
- The main center of attraction: the blackhole does indeed attract your car, without being too overwhelming and impossible to drive.
- A backstory to the events that are unfolding, complete with UI elements that display on the top left (like a standard message would)
- Custom checkpoints which show you where you need to go
Known Issues/Things To Note:
While I have tested this quite extensively, there may still be some issue here and there. If there is anything, feel free to let me know so I can fix it
- It is possible, though I have not come across it, that the blackhole's gravity COULD cause the game to crash if the car gets destroyed too much.
- If you can't seem to get past the blackhole without it rolling your car too much, then you might need to find another way around. The scenario is possible from all routes, though, understandably, some harder than others.
- Frame-rate - As the blackhole uses a car to for aid in distance calculations, the game is running two cars as well as Utah itself, meaning that the frame-rate may not be great on older or less powerful computers.
- Sound - I initially had sound however no sound is included anymore as it seemed either too loud or too quite; there was no happy medium.
This is part of the reason why this is a Beta, as there may be some things not yet fully flushed out and some thing swill likely be changed in the future.
(Thanks to Neological)
(Thanks to davidinark)
(Thanks to WhyBeAre)
Have fun being torn apart by an unstoppable force!
The BeamNG Blackhole V1.1.1
Because black spiny death disc didn't quite roll off the tongue as much