1963 VOLKSWAGEN BUG | Feat. Herbie The Love Bug | Dynamic Horsepowers

Discussion in 'Land' started by VertexStyle, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

I'm also curious about the +200 MB ref_test.dae file. It doesn't seem to be used for any flexbodies (except for a select few) and yet it is over 1 million tris. Could this just be garbage that wasn't removed before release?
    <double post>
    Storage is actually not that hard from what I've seen in the lua code.

Trust is subtracted from a so-called super integer (18359), and saved to a .csv file (usually found in Documents\BeamNG.drive\settings\vehicles\bug\).

For example, my csv file reads 18432. That means my current trust value is -73.

To artificially increase or decrease the trust value, just set the csv value to something lower than 18359. If you want MAXIMUM THRUST then set the value to 18259 18059. If you want minimum thrust then set the value to 18459.
    <triple post>
    A bit of FM4-related bodging later the headlights finally work.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00365.png
    #681 Tsutarja495, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. MyDankestMeme

MyDankestMeme
    Expand Collapse

GAME CRASHES WHEN I SPAWN IT :(

3. ExceptionErrorAlex

ExceptionErrorAlex
    Expand Collapse

I have an idea for something to add: The ability to open and close the trunk at the press of a button (like Herbie does in Herbie Goes Bananas when he's trying to break the plane)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. PRC0

PRC0
    Expand Collapse

when is it gonna be public?

5. Cameron VV

Cameron VV
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if its just me but some areas of the car are completely black Ex: the front and rear bumpers, mirrors, and the center of the tires

Attached Files:

• BLack.png
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That happens with lower graphics settings.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. TheShipMaster

TheShipMaster
    Expand Collapse

uh it is public? first post

8. VertexStyle

VertexStyle
    Expand Collapse

not bad buddy. You should be working with me on the next update ; )

on the roadmap ; )

9. derpydriverlord2025

derpydriverlord2025
    Expand Collapse

hrrrm dunno this would open the floodgates for other "true" senient cars mods. (looking at Knight Rider) but this mod is well done.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Robin_foursix

Robin_foursix
    Expand Collapse

Mine doesnt go fast ive tried everything mine is so slow :(

11. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Get Gud...

Do jumps and drifts in Herbie to gain trust (therefore speed)
    Don't crash him or he will loose trust (therefore speed)

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps some people have antivirus or something blocking LUA from writing to CSV file and they are experiencing always slow Herbie because of that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Someone should look into that... It would explain all the reports of slow herbie

• Like Like x 1
  14. tanis

tanis
    Expand Collapse

will you be eventually making the rear suspension parts move ? atm they are fixed in position

15. VertexStyle

VertexStyle
    Expand Collapse

Id be surprised if malware protection causes that, csv-files cant run any code - they only store numbers and letters. But Im going to take a closer look at this issue.
    @Robin_foursix and all the others claiming that he's not getting faster. Test if deactivating your antivirus solves the problem. Let me know if it worked.

#695 VertexStyle, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  16. Firelex

Firelex
    Expand Collapse

hey man, i may have done a mistake here. i put herbie in a trailer and drove him around the top gear track to make a little film intro to to a video project i have. but then, he got pissed and dont want to driev anymore uper 13miles/h. and some times he doesnt move at all. i guess being in the trailler counted as multiple damages and so the mod concidered has it. i don't know what to do now. itried to made him jump and push him down hull to gain speed, but that doesnt make him smile again. so then i re downloded the mod several times, empty the game cache also multiple times, instal and de instaled the mod, still nothing. i'm really sad that i got him mad (wich is, btw really well done... i'm legitimely scared i got him against me XD) so i wonder how to fix this now. so i could enjoy agin that piece of child hood that was brought to life thx you

17. derpydriverlord2025

derpydriverlord2025
    Expand Collapse

well with my drifting sessions with him if you do extremely long drifts especially on down hill maps (car jump arena has one down hill section) you could easily gain trust really fast. although i suggest setting his rear tires to low grip so you don't flip him over.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Firelex

Firelex
    Expand Collapse

i cant make him drift anymore, he's to slow (13miles an hour max speed last time he was willing to move) i tried going down hils and make him jump. but he really hates me man. beside, how to get low grip on the tires?

19. derpydriverlord2025

derpydriverlord2025
    Expand Collapse

i mean like teleport him off the jump section to top of the hill to make him move faster under gravity that way you can drift him (the low grip tires can be found in vehicle config section just under rear suspension and rear wheels.) i think shift+C is free cam and F7 is "spawn" not sure.
    --- Post updated ---
    this is the area i meant on car jump arena, it has steep enough gradient to force him to speed up at higher speeds if even he doesn't want to.

Attached Files:

• 20181016045714_1.jpg
    #699 derpydriverlord2025, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  20. SirGoldenLlama

SirGoldenLlama
    Expand Collapse

I finally got him happy and up to 200mph. And I'll say it again, great mod!!!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice