1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.12.0.4 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It could be useful also when coupling nodes to tie load to trailer for example, tends to break stuff now.

Maybe coupling nodes could work also so that there is beam added between coupled nodes, so they hold their distance?

• Like Like x 1
  2. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

So, I have this weird issue when I started the game up.

I don't know how to explain this, Cleared cache, still happens. Thought it'd be mod related, so I restarted the game in Safe Mode and it still happens, so I'm at a loss. Has anyone ever experienced this?

3. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Try disabling all your mods.

4. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

I already did that, No mods enabled, Safe Mode, removed all mods from the mods folder and it still happens.

EDIT: Even reinstalled the game and started it up with no mods or anything installed and it still happens. Console is showing this, which I don't see what else is causing this issue.

#484 NismoR35, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  5. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

It may be an issue with your GPU, have you tried updating/reinstalling graphics drivers?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

Drivers are up to date, and the game ran literally fine last week. If it was my GPU, I'd be having issues with other games, which I've just tested and had no issues.

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Your logs seems fine.
    And I'd agree on the GPU issue.
    If you updated your drivers, maybe try an older version.
    Also clear your cache, to regenerate all the shaders.

8. JBeam174

JBeam174
    Expand Collapse

My cars fall through the terrain when I modify the land.

Attached Files:

• BeamNGdrive-012046278-RELEASE-x646_24_201812_25_31PM.png
  9. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

Exit the map editor by clicking play in the file menu, that should update your collisions. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

Terrain loses it's collision when you modify it in the world editor. It regains collision when you exit the editor. It's a limitation with Torque3D, not the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-6-24_22-54-8.png
    clutch pedal clipping on SBR4 Manual at 100% clutch

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It's because static collisions are updated/rebuild when you exit the editor.
    Before modifying the terrain, pause the physics.

13. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Really picky bug, but this annoys the hell out of me:
    Screenshot_62.png
    There shouldn't be an apostrophe there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Construction area on WCUSA kills my FPS
    Uses 100% GPU on Nvidia GTX 960 with settings at "Normal"
    *i used the NVENC encoder to record this (like shadowplay) and well it didn't work*

#494 Michaelflat, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I got around 96% GPU load on that area as maximum with my odd resolution, but bit higher when facing away from that building on that spot. On that building details are just 2D textures, so should not be hard to compute.

For recording I set 1280x720 as that is which my machine runs WCUSA fine (with 1080p there will be 100% cpu usage at many places, 1050Ti is not fastest card, but enough for me so far) and it helps to see different areas GPU load, it seems forest and looking away from that building your GPU is having trouble with are heavier.

Now obviously there must be some logical reason why building is so hard for your GPU, maybe it is some graphics setting that creates situation, maybe behind that building or building itself with certain settings creates unnecessarily high GPU load?

I posted my settings to that other thread, for video I had to change resolution as mentioned, but maybe that helps to compare and see if there is some interesting difference, maybe by card, maybe by driver, maybe by OS, obviously there should be some logical reason for this to happen.

With normal settings and 1080p I'm getting 55FPS towards building and on building's roof looking away from the building, I'm getting 50-52fps, GPU load is totally random, between 96 and 99 mostly, maybe memory bandwidth of DDR4 2666MHz is trouble there, 16GB with 4 slots in use, so it should be somewhat fast, I think, but nothing like fastest available today.

Oh and these kind of mysteries are very interesting, they kinda rub you when you know there has to be some logical reason, but when you can't really pinpoint that logical reason, it would just require eliminating all the unknown so only known is what is left, but there are so many unknowns :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Yeah when theres no logical reason i just assume it's phantom losses (extra terrestrial life!) ok joking aside i havent got a clue, might be RAM bottleneck maybe :p

Here are my settings:
    View attachment 427317
    View attachment 427318

In the forest i get 57-60FPS quite stable, albeit at 100% load.
    Viewing the construction site from afar is fine, 60FPS stable, but when I move closer (LOD model changes) it drops to 22-23FPS
    What i have noticed is that the GPU is infact using shared memory, it's got 2GB and 3GB is in use, so maybe the use of RAM is killing FPS.*edit* it isn't, other areas use 3.0-3.1GB with 60FPS. Only thing i can see change is 3D usage go from 85% to 100% and FPS fall off a cliff

I fixed it by changing Texture Quality to "Low". With the construction site in view i have 89% load at 60FPS. Away from it i get 83% at 60FPS. Although you posted that you use "High" texture quality, maybe the 1050Ti can handle textures better than the GTX 960

17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It might be shared memory thing as that is lot slower than vram?

Then again, I'm not entirely sure why yours is using shared memory as I doubt any vanilla map would use more than 2GB or if they do, they need to update requirements?

1050Ti has 4GB of vram, but in my video you can see how there is only hint over 2GB in use, with texture quality set to normal, I get only about 100MB less texture usage, but that might be enough to fit into 2GB of vram.

I wonder why your vram usage is so much higher? Maybe some mod, if you use reshade that might do something to vram usage, I have no idea about that though.

According to this, your gpu is bit better in everything else, except pixel rate, which I guess limits performance at bigger resolutions, but also there are so many of 960 models, that I don't know which would give most accurate data:
    https://www.game-debate.com/gpu/ind...GTX 1050 Ti 4GB-vs-Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB

Anyway, every time when you use more than card has vram, things have good chance to slow down to grind, so somehow you should get to 2GB usage. One thing I noticed is that level slowly adds stuff to vram as moving around, until all is loaded, but game does not unload stuff from vram, at least not stuff in level, might do so with vehicles, so whole level needs to fit into vram.

Do you have browser or office programs open when you run BeamNG? Those have 3D acceleration and can use vram, how about Windows 10 desktop, is there 3D acceleration and is it possible to disable that to save more vram for game use or does it do that automatically?
    Also another thing that comes to mind is that maybe shared memory is consumed at larger amounts than vram, however I don't understand why such would be.

There should be some reason why you are getting 3GB of vram usage.

For me odd thing is that Anti-Aliasing is causing lower GPU load and fps drops around 5fps when high preset is used, might be memory bandwidth or something other aspect that gets to limit how much GPU core gets stuff to compute or then there is something in code that can be improved, AA and AF is claimed to have around 0 performance hit with this card:
    upload_2018-7-4_8-26-5.png upload_2018-7-4_8-26-54.png

However that probably does not help you to get better performance as you have AA off already.

Now reason why you get good performance on area that uses 3GB, maybe stuff on that area resides in fast vram, so card don't need to access stuff in slow ram and things run smoothly because of that?

BeamNG requirements are 1GB vram, recommended vram is not revealed, recommended GPU is GTX 780 which has 3GB or then 6GB depending from the model, so I guess 3GB is what is needed to play on normal or high setting currently?

Most maps seems to target 2GB though, with WCUSA it is bit over 2GB and maybe that is reason for these performance hits?

18. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I think you missed what i said about vram, i have 3GB used the whole time on WCUSA, but around that building FPS nosedives, when the Texture is set to Normal I think it's slightly less vram but not much.
    Only thing i can think of is that, that specific building takes up more than 2GB of VRAM (odd)

The extra VRAM my system is using is probably down to me using 1080p and you using 1440x900. I'll test it on that resolution soon with your exact settings.

Also in effect it doesn't really matter if the game doesn't remove stuff from VRAM, windows (or the GPU, don't quote me) will do memory management so that the GPU memory is in use and when required it will transfer from memory to GPU. Kind of like a pagefile (i think). But then if that particular building uses more than 2GB then my system will be frantically swapping from system memory to GPU memory, slowing it down.

I'll have to make some further investigations, but at the moment i am running a disk recovery software, and BeamNG is on that drive, so i daren't touch it :p

I have this card:
    https://www.asus.com/uk/Graphics-Cards/STRIXGTX960DC2OC2GD5/

Asus Strix GTX 960 2GB OC edition

19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think I got that vram part right, but what I think is that you have this 3GB of stuff in memory, 2GB in GPU and 1GB in ram, now whenever GPU needs to render something that is in that 1GB part of ram, it will cause slowdown, but when it renders stuff that is in 2GB all is fine.

Not sure why that building would end up to that 1GB part, maybe it is loading order, even one would indeed think that there would be smarter logic and stuff would get moved around so that most of the time everything on screen stays in fast memory, but maybe it just does not work so or maybe there is something that causes building to be consider as non important and is therefore kept in slow memory?

That building can't take 2GB of ram, it probably is under 100mb (but certainly no more than 500mb even if it would have horrible bug in it), I would guess as there is only few textures and model is quite simple. Scaffolding is actually quite simple, just 2D planes, it should not take much ram.

I don't actually see vram use increase with bigger resolution, I did test 1080p in those last screenshots, using high profile gave me 2300mb vram usage, with smaller resolution it was about the same, models and textures has to reside somewhere no matter what is resolution of the screen, I guess only model detail and texture detail affects vram usage greatly (maybe shadows too).

Between high and normal there seems to be very little change, lowering from normal might have bigger change, but it starts to look bit poor.

Some explanation needs to be for that extra 700mb or more that your system uses, who knows maybe it is OS thing or maybe there is something in game that makes it so?

I doubt that 1050Ti has some weird memory compression codecs implemented, but that too is quite unknown to me:

Only additional thing that I can think of now, which might have some effect to vram usage is these nvidia control panel settings:
    upload_2018-7-4_11-57-33.png upload_2018-7-4_11-57-51.png

Also this, my ancient GPU driver version, which might have something to do with differences:
    upload_2018-7-4_12-0-6.png

• Like Like x 1
  20. Noah2001

Noah2001
    Expand Collapse

I found a small bug with the ETK 800, the light source for signal on the front right fender seems to be facing inward.
    20180706123439_1.jpg 20180706123400_1.jpg 20180706123409_1.jpg
    It can be seen illuminating the underside of the car
    20180706123453_1.jpg 20180706123454_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice