1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.5.4.0 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

I think I have identified the issue. But your G27 wheel hardware may behave differently than mine, so please test this first:
    - In Controls > Bindings menu, scroll to the bottom and click Reset button.
    - Close BeamNG, open mydocuments/beamng.drive/settings/inputmaps, and drop the attached .diff file there

Now check again if the ffb vibration is there or not, and let me know what happened. If it still rattles, please send another support request. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Of course, my ticket ID is 627

3. NoShotz

NoShotz
    Expand Collapse

i agree with having the FOV number shown instead of the amount added

4. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Miramatic doesnt shift up in realistic automatic

5. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

I need the aforementioned screenshot too, please :)

6. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Great update !
    The new ibishu is sweet as hell, the new camera is amazing. I especially love the dynamic FOV that allows to see cars with more realistic proportions instead of being exagerated like before.
    And the fix for flickering decals let us enjoy the maps again, espacially Desert Highway which was flickering almost everywhere. Thank you for all of this great stuff !

7. Stigern

Stigern
    Expand Collapse

How do I stop the camera from returning to normal position? I want to use numpad keys to navigate around the vehicle and then stay in that angle :p

EDIT: Never mind!

8. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

the mirimar is fantastic, so nippy and light, amazing how in top gear you put your foot to the floor and you can slide round corners :), its like a 4 wheel pigeon

9. Denturemen

Denturemen
    Expand Collapse

I just hopped in game to test out the new TrackIR support and I am having no luck. Version 0.5.4 says that all you need to do is open the TrackIR software and then start the game and it should work which is what I've tried.

I'm using TrackIR 4 with the Trackclippro and the latest experimental version of BeamNG. I don't know if there are other people that are having this issue or if it's just on my end.

10. Randomgamer3210

Randomgamer3210
    Expand Collapse

The reverse gear on the Bolide is sort of and and this small detail of in the description of Utah it says that 100% of the roads are rock and dirt (sorry for being a bit pedantic but it's a small detail that I found) other than that I had no problems with the new update.

11. BreadForMen

BreadForMen
    Expand Collapse

Loving the new update so far.
    Now that TrackIR is supported, I can enjoy BNG at a whole new level.
    Utah is absolutely amazing - I took about an hour and explored the entire map and the detail is stunning. 10/10
    The Ibishu Miramar is definitely a great addition to the already amazing list of default vehicles and it handles and performs how I would imagine that type of vehicle IRL.
    The clutch tweaks are superb and now it's easier than ever to get the car moving from a standstill.
    Of course all of the other tweaks/additions/bugfixes are greatly appreciated.

My overall impression of 0.5.4.0: 10 out of freakin' 10

12. Denturemen

Denturemen
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if you saw my post a little while ago about having issues with TrackIR not working on my set up. Just curious if you could share what you did to get TrackIR working on your end.

Thanks.

13. BreadForMen

BreadForMen
    Expand Collapse

I literally opened the TIR program first and it just worked. I have TrackIR 5 (I see you have TIR 4) if that makes any difference... (Maybe a dev could comment?)

14. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Bump steer is unavoidable - that's what adjustable toe is for ;)

And yes, I'll most likely do a proper rock crawling style off-road suspension setup with coil springs at some point.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Gonzo_

Gonzo_
    Expand Collapse

find some bug with Sunburst. (oops sorry for music)
    tesdet SBR4, it's have same bug with DCT)

#55 Gonzo_, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  16. 13Prost37

13Prost37
    Expand Collapse

The little pieces of grass in Utah seem to grab WAY too much, like they should slow you down but I'm getting to the point where I'm almost being spun out by them. The big bushes though, are perfect imo.

17. Supercharged

Supercharged
    Expand Collapse

I have the default camera mode set to orbit, and when I start in the default truck it's fine. But whenever I change the car it automatically goes to chase mode.

18. Josef733

Josef733
    Expand Collapse

Loving this update. The car is absolutely dope, the new map looks great and is really fun to explore and the new camera options is something I wanted for a long time.
    Really great update, keep the improvements coming.
    --- Post updated ---
    press c again to get orbit view back.

19. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

There seems to be an issue with this version of the game where the FPS just take a crap randomly. This happened the first time I launched the game, assumed the Utah map was a bit too hard to run, turns out it started running properly when I closed the graphics option menu. Later I was playing and it started lagging again (seems to drop from around 40FPS to 17FPS) when I went to take a screenshot the game randomly popped up to 40FPS again. No idea at all what this could be. My PC runs cool across the board so its not thermal throttling and it doesn't happen outside beamng.

Two screenshots about 2 minutes apart, same area of the map same settings etc:

Attached Files:

• dllhost_2016-04-19_20-17-12.jpg
    • dllhost_2016-04-19_20-17-08.jpg
  20. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice