1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.7.0.2 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Allowing extra keyboard.json files is more difficult and I didn't have enough time to do it. I decided to release what you got anyway, since it's already an improvement for moddability, even if it's still not the final solution that we want.

• Like Like x 1
  2. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Minor clipping issue with the roamer's body and the leaf springs. This is with the stock offroad variant
    screenshot_00201.png

3. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

bug(ish)
    the forest in the new etk map isnt in the vegetation folder

4. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Don't discount randomshortguy's advice just because of that. The age of your HDD has almost zero to do with whether it is failing. With that said, unless you see other symptoms I'd assume that the culprit here is Steam, not the HDD.

My link was illustrative, not intended as a solution. There are various things to try. Not relevant to this thread - if you want a hand @ me in a new troubleshooting thread under "Help & Support". Probably not necessary - Steam is probably choking on something dumb - delete all game files, restart, try again, etc...

5. lumbud84

lumbud84
    Expand Collapse

That's happening to me too!
    Let me explain in further detail. Say that all the maps currently owned are listed in alphabetical order, in rows of 3. It appears as if nothing is there, but levels appear when typed in the search bar. I typed in "Matrix Freeway", and it appeared as the first map in the first row. But when I clicked on the map, it sent me to the first map in the first row as if ALL my maps were there. For me, it sent me to Akron Speedway. And that means that I can't play the maps I want to play at that moment. PLEASE FIX.

6. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

so if you spin the pigeon around, the forward gears break and one door is not accessible
    if you reset the camera and back up while trying to keep the camera from spinning, the camera lags.

7. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

Devs have already answered this question several posts before.

BTW a friend of mine remind me: is BeamNavigator ever going to be finished? You guys can literally use KOS' MOD and modify it a bit to make it more official-styled

8. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Well, it's slightly sad that after more than two months, we didn't get another car. But then again, all of the other improvements more than make up for the lack of new vehicles.

*Really liking the new ETK Driver Experience map. It's quite a lot like Hirochi Raceway for the new ETK cars, so that's cool. It's fun, good for FPS, and has a lot of cool features packed into a small area.
    *The fact that the Covet finally has a wing to rival that of the other tuner cars('88 Pessima, SBR4, Sunburst) means that I can use more speed in the little FWD Covet than before.
    *The slow-motion sounds really do make it sound more like slow-mo, heightening the effects of the slow-mo on crashes and whatnot.
    *Nice job on the spawning of trailers right behind the trucks instead of off to the side--really helps out those who use the T-Series a lot.

9. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

cab mounts on the T-series seem to be really weak.

10. __TRASHpanda!

__TRASHpanda!
    Expand Collapse

Am I missing something? All I get in Senseless Destruction is spawning into a Gavril Roamer with no wheels.

11. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I know right? That's my only disappointment with this update. I was really hoping that it would be a part of the next update. Oh well, maybe in the next update it might show up.

12. MuzzleVelocity

MuzzleVelocity
    Expand Collapse

is the Debug menu gone? I dont see the little "bug" icon

13. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I was never really clear on the global input system, but it sounds like it might be something that I've been looking for. Just to be clear, might this feature allow for a scenario's .lua file to be able to take inputs directly, or read custom inputs from the player's vehicle?

Anyway, the campaigns are a great lot of fun, and I enjoyed playing through them. But a few quick questions about their future:
    • Is there ever going to be a chapter select-type feature? Something that allows you to jump to a previously unlocked challenge in a campaign without having to play through the entirety of it? Or are campaigns really meant more as a quick-play-session kind of thing? The default campaigns aren't long or skip-worthy by any measure, but I know that if I set off to make my own, it'll probably end up being drawn out.
    • Will diverging paths ever be possible? From what I can tell, the campaign order is determined by the difficulty as defined in the .json file, but will there ever be support for a more manual system? Say for instance that you lose a street race in challenge #4, but instead of restarting or moving to the next race in challenge #5, you have to lose the cops. Not so much for content's sake, however awesome that would be, but on the content creation end.
    • Will it eventually be possible to set the individual scenarios in a campaign in different maps? Episode 1 in ECA, episode 2 in Hirochi Raceway, etc.
    Lots of questions, and I'm sure half of this stuff is at least tentatively planned, but these are just some curiosities from a starry-eyed modder.

14. Chuck Johnson

Chuck Johnson
    Expand Collapse

I have tried to remove some maps and BeamNG becomes unresponsive and nothing will remove. I will keep trying but I may need to wait until this issue is corrected on the coding side of things.

15. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

does anyone know if the shaft/diff work or if its being tested as it shows its in game. look at pic

Attached Files:

• 20161005004333_1.jpg
  16. Haiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Haiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Expand Collapse

Can we please fix the non existent strut-bar issue on the newer Pessima?

Attached Files:

• glitch.png
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Really enjoyed the Driver's Training campaign, didn't expect it to be as challenging as it was to 100% and took a couple hours to get it down. One thing I noticed though, it seemed like some of the cars would say they changed into manual when you pressed Q in the campaign, but they actually seemed to be in automatic mode instead. I think they were all cars with DCT's that were having this issue.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TwiZtedCheese

TwiZtedCheese
    Expand Collapse

I have an issue. After the update, I notice 'jittering' or lag when moving my camera in orbit mode. I've attached a video for you to better understand. Sorry it's so long, I didn't want to modify the video in any way. (Keep an eye on the FPS counter, it rules out 'jumpy framerate' as they were stable the whole time.)

I have never had this problem until the update. Otherwise, awesome job on 0.7 guys. I love these new features.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Latios Jeff

Latios Jeff
    Expand Collapse

I must say, this is a pretty nice update.

The ETK Driving Experience Center map really caught me off guard, and I ran around exploring that place in a regular 291 V8 Barstow in freeroam until the brakes started smoking. The Senseless destruction Campaign was also pretty fun to try out and I didn't run into any problems. The level of the campaign I found the funniest was probably that part where I had to drag race against a blown Barstow in a Sunburst Sport RS... and the Barstow quickly caught on fire mid way through and crashed! Then I crashed up myself in the end butt-end first. The Slow motion at the destruction bits along with the slowed down sound really adds to the satisfaction of smashing stuff as it allows you to see every detail as it happens.

I've only had enough time to scratch the surface of this new update before going to sleep.

20. CreamMouse

CreamMouse
    Expand Collapse

Alright so i've searched for this and haven't found it sooo, how do i attach my trailer to my trailer hitch in game...like seriously >~< before i could just put the hitch on my truck or car then an arrow would appear next to the word trailer hitch and then i could attach the flail and the trailer with out issue, but if i needed to get anything onto the trailer that wasn't a car holy cow it would be easier to make an atom out of thin air but now i cant even attach the trailer...can anyone please make a video or a guide explaining how i can do these things easily or at least easier? i know i can move my camera around with out my truck or car and can make the nodes appear by holding left ctrl but that doesn't help at all and in some cases just makes it harder...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice