1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

0x00000001 error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by RobertGracie, Sep 11, 2017.

1. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I have absolutely no idea what this bug means, boot up the game and then about 15 seconds in the game crashes to desktop, any ideas?

2. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

0x00000001 is a generic error code. Does it happen when you're on the menu, or after you load a map? Verify integrity, and if that doesn't work, then do a clean reinstall.

3. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Thats what I figured I would need to do.....

Tried the reinstall and CTD

#3 RobertGracie, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I recall that Synsol was already helping you, and that it turned out you modified some game core files, no?
    Well, I would start by removing completely those modifications, and make sure you have a 100% untouched installation.

Also, last thing you did before the problem started to occur?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Ah thanks, yes I have done a fresh install of the game and I have removed the effected files, they were just minor updates to a few in game applications to make them "cleaner" in my own personal opinion, as for this, its been going on recently with the fresh install, I open the game up loads into main menu and then 5 seconds later it crashes to desktop but it works fine in safe mode, but in regular it crashes the game and I have done a integ check on the files with the ingame checker and that reads no errors and with Steam which says no errors and it still crashes to desktop 5 seconds after the main menu comes up...and I have removed the mods and done everything and it sometimes comes up with a 0xC0000005 error as well, this is weird

As for the last thing I did I removed a mod the D45 mod by Peter Beamo and then the crashes started happening

@Nadeox1 It has to do with the mod loading system, something in that is broken its the only way to explain whats going on here, in Safe mode it works fine but with mod loading enabled its broken, whats going on there...

#5 RobertGracie, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Try to remove all the mods, and them back in group.
    If the crash happens again, check within the latest mods you added.
    If you manage to find which mod is doing that exactly, let know so that we can check.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I have removed all mods and put them on a memory stick on my desk @Nadeox1 (The mods have been completely been isolated from the game as for the code hacks I did they are on there too so theres no way for the mods to effect whats going on with the game) the crash happens with no mods installed, when you start the game up normally (not in safe mode), it crashes about 14 seconds in from clicking on the "Launch Game" and if I run it in safe mode it works fine, but when I run it in the "Launch game" configuration it crashes 14 seconds from clicking that button. That is what I have discovered so far, if you want more information I can give you the log files, I have had a nosey on them so far and 14.00012 seconds in from boot up it gives me "Crash Report" with the "Trying to get a Lua Callstack" then at 14.00014 seconds "this is not the error, Look above" and then at 14.00017 seconds its "GELua.main_static|LUA C++ CrashRpt stack trace"

#7 RobertGracie, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It makes no sense.
    Ok, so your game was working fine.
    Then you installed a mod, and when you removed the mod, the crashes started to happen, right?

Now, you removed all the mods, and the crash still happens.
    Although, if you use Safe Mode, the crash doesn't happen.
    Makes me thing you maybe missed something somewhere.

Anyhow, let's see what your logs says.
    Post a Support ID here: https://wiki.beamng.com/BeamNG_FAQ#..._a_.27Support_Request.27._How_do_I_do_that.3F

9. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I will send in a crash report for you, it happens every time when I boot the game up, I will send it in support ID Ticket 18605, I have tried to be as detailed as my autistic mind lets me also I didnt have enough time to find and note down the current game version thats why I left a comment there about it, I hope you find something with your highly trained eyeballs

@Nadeox1 best of luck finding out what causes this, my own suspicions suspect the mod loader, but I could be wrong

I sent in other report tickets of 18600 there is a few repeats in there if you check them I am sure you can see them, let me know what caused this crash please it would be helpful to understand it
    --- Post updated ---
    I have sent the files in for you on support ticket 18600 and 18605, something about this bug is weird

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

11. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

12. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Also @Nadeox1 I did do a file integrity check via Steam and also via the ingame checker and both return as "All Files Validated" but the game still crashes I think its something to do with what I mentioned with the LUA callstack, I have no idea what that is but something doesnt add up here, but I will wait for your reply

13. thomatoes50

thomatoes50
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Do you use discord, or any other chat software which add an overlay.

The crash doesn't come from the game but from a dll called overlay.x64.dll

14. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I have discord I had the overlay working fine for a few months, I have since disabled the overlay and it still crashes @thomatoes50 what do I need to do to stop this problem from happening again?

@thomatoes50 I have since cleared this discord app of a few old updates and it seems to have fixed the issue

#14 RobertGracie, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  15. Junkozane

Junkozane
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, I had the same problem and deactivating Discord overlay, stopped the crash.
    Also it was only happening if I launched the game by steam. Launching in safe mode or from folder wouldn't crash even with Discord overlay on.

16. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I think I may have some words with Discord about this error I think I am gonna point them to the error and ask them why does this happen with this game, maybe I should do that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice