On Hold 1929 Gavril Truck Co. Model D Type 1 6 wheeled truck

Discussion in 'Land' started by Driv3r1142, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I apologize for the lack of progress or status updates :(

This message is going to serve as an update for basically every project I have going right now or am involved with, threads made or not.

Long story short, I'm dealing with an extreme mental burnout.

In the last year my entire life has basically made a 540; Spun around in a circle, then spun back around in the opposite direction. Several major life upsets/changes have occured in my life in under a year, and they haven't sunk in until just a couple weeks ago.

This mental crash and burn has affected everything in my life, and I've had to take the time and appropriate steps in order to regroup, rest, and recover.

I'll be doing a little bit of modding when I mentally can handle it, and when I get progress on any of my mods I'll try to post it.

This mod's still a WIP, just things have had to significantly slow down unfortunately. If I feel like I won't be able to do anything on it anytime soon, I'll mark the thread prefix appropriately.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  2. marlenemancuso

marlenemancuso
    Expand Collapse

No don’t even worry about the mods, just worry about you. You just get better ok

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PSProductions Twin T

PSProductions Twin T
    Expand Collapse

Yeah man. Focus on just recovering for like a month. We won't get disappointed, because we all know that sometimes life can be a real *advertiser-friendly content*. Just drop what you are doing for a bit, until you feel that you are fully ready to work on your projects again. I hope you feel better soon!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Legoguy102

Legoguy102
    Expand Collapse

The wheels look a little large, but other than that it looks amazing!

5. marlenemancuso

marlenemancuso
    Expand Collapse

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

:)

screenshot_00195.png

• Like Like x 26
  7. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Didn't even notice that fenders and bed have no texture. Looking good though

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Yay, it's trucking again :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

How have I not noticed this until now?

Seriously, it's nice to find out something is competing the Auriga Heron with how old it is.

BeamNG is seriously lacking in vintage auto.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. chase.gerton

chase.gerton
    Expand Collapse

I love this thing. The Fintray Roadster and this are the two mods I check in on constantly. They both look so damn good. Keep up the amazing work but also take your time to make thing as good as possible.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

An i4 is super unrealistic, an i6 and v8 makes much more sense.

14. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Didn't like almost every vehicle from that era (& before) use an I4? o_O

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

No wonder his pfp is British Leyland

16. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Have you done your homework? I take it you didn't based on your post right there. Just a heads up, it's a good idea to do research before you blatantly call something "super unrealistic"

It is realistic, and definitely time period correct, for this vehicle to be equipped with an i4 engine; Ford was still using their i4 in their cars as an option as late as 1934, and many larger trucks of the time used an i4 engine of some sort well into the 30s and 40s.

Now as for adding an i6 and V8, we'll see if I decide to or not.

The frame now has a texture;
    screenshot_00199.png

screenshot_00200.png

The wheels have a similar texture, though instead they're body colored;

screenshot_00201.png

Idk if I'll leave the body colored wheels or not, if I choose to change it I'll be making them black, or putting them on their own color selector.

• Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. chase.gerton

chase.gerton
    Expand Collapse

The wheels having their own color selector would be cool

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Damiean Ron Lyons

Damiean Ron Lyons
    Expand Collapse

cool! now the no material in the frame turned to a yes material!

19. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I messed up, but an i4 sounds really underpowered.

20. Deleted member 143012

Deleted member 143012
    Expand Collapse

It's not a matter of if an i4 sounds really under powered to you, its a matter of the creator wanting to adhere to something relative to consensus of a time period (and depending on anything else pertaining to the vehicle, his preference) and might I add that also relative to the time period, an i4 could displace a somewhat similar, though obviously lesser, amount of power as a v8 from the early 30s. And the thing I find becoming very prevalent in the community as of right now, is that those who have been and are currently creating mods are getting extremely tired of people not being able to assess there statements before they post them on threads in the forums and infringing on material they have already talked about, or don't generally make a lot of sense. Which is justified given the incessant bombardment of these blatant statements, to the point where they just have had enough, and aren't going to deal with this mentality in a manner that a person unbenounced to this would consider "nice". And that fact that this is coming from certain individuals who are new and/or individuals are not that cognitive of their words when posting, shows that if this continues, the community might plunge into something that many others have tried to fight (to a certain degree) in the past relative to prominent members not being able to assess an individual for making a simple mistake/s properly. So I implore you to consider your words of choice when posting and try to rationalize your statements before people get angry at your most likely well intended sediments (i am not trying to target you or anyone who may partake in this by any means just the mentality itself). And for modders who are currently partaking in their amazing endeavors on the forums (such as @Driv3r1142, @Blijo, and many many more) I am truly sorry that some of you may be frustrated with this, and with a culmination of many things that may be happening outside your lives in the forums (that may be even more frustrating), I hope that you may overcome your grievances and be able to continue your wonderful work.

#160 Deleted member 143012, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice