1. Stuck, Having problems with creating your mod? Let us help you: Mod Support

Released 1970 Dodge Coronet (Update V1.2)

Discussion in 'Land' started by Stoat Muldoon, Jul 10, 2018 at 5:17 PM.

1. General Lee

General Lee
    Expand Collapse

I messed around with this mod for a few hours it is absolutely amazing definite 10/10 from me I love it one of the best mods I have ever used. Stoat never fails to impress, ever since his rigs of rods cars everything he puts out is top notch!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dawson Seward

Dawson Seward
    Expand Collapse

It's great to see one of the most iconic cars of the 1970s in the United States to finally come to BeamNG. If at all possible, a sedan and station wagon variant would widen it's uses. Hopefully a police sedan could be added.

You have my full support man. Rock on!

3. zyllos007

zyllos007
    Expand Collapse

I understand that they never did come through with those engines, but being related to the B body platform, it wouldn't be too hard to swap one in. it was just a suggestion to get some more motors, maybe not even modeled, just to have them in performance wise. Anyways, Thanks for correcting me.

4. DavidJ305

DavidJ305
    Expand Collapse

not a problem man haha I follow a guy on instagram and he has a 68 Coronet and hes building a 360 for it

5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

What a nice surprise this is. Another beautiful 70's "boat" that isn't half baked and then abandoned. Well done and thank you!

I think the overall strength is a bit high as well, particularly the rear end. I've never been a fan of the Moonhawk/Barstow jbeam arrangement
    but mods like this and @SergentFido 's Olds really go along way in mending my annoyance with them.

A suggestion if I may: Add a little more strength to the break values for the front fenders and fascia. This car looks and sits really good
    in certain front end crashes and can look weird with all that on the ground.

Great work!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

Are you sure this is how damaged glass works?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Stoat Muldoon

Stoat Muldoon
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! This car only uses the Engine and Exhaust from the Barstow, otherwise it mostly different besides the rear suspension being a similar setup.
    The deformation and parts detach is being tuned for an update with a few other bugfixes, I'll see about having the front end stay together better.

Looks fine to me.

• Like Like x 3
  8. FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL

FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL
    Expand Collapse

Apparently, you have reflections on the inside surface of the windshield.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stoat Muldoon

Stoat Muldoon
    Expand Collapse

That was deliberate, otherwise you could only see the 3d cracks and nothing else and I thought it looked odd. The interior damage texture is the same as the exterior one. Do you guys think I should do it differently?

10. FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL

FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL
    Expand Collapse

Official vehicles have two meshes, one for the outside surface, one (flipped) for the inside. Cubemaps are enabled only on the outside.

I agree it wouldn't look that great when damaged without reflections, but if you don't do it like this the "inside" windshield would show reflections of the ground as you see in that pic.

11. Stoat Muldoon

Stoat Muldoon
    Expand Collapse

I have the same system, but used the same damaged windshield texture on both sides.

I have set up a new material without cubemaps for the interior side, how does it look?

• Like Like x 9
  12. FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL

FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL
    Expand Collapse

Much better in my opinion! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Looks good.

14. Mr. Twiglesworth

Mr. Twiglesworth
    Expand Collapse

I like it

15. Robthemob10

Robthemob10
    Expand Collapse

Awesome mod! As stated by other users, I think low power slant six and 340/360 versions would be amazing, just my 2 cents though :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Purely being nitpicky here but the front glass looks off with the safety glass texture in any form. The stock damage texture
    does need way more detail though and I presume that is the intention? Looks just fine without interior reflections as is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stoat Muldoon

Stoat Muldoon
    Expand Collapse

The glass texture itself is taken straight from the official cars. I'm happy with it, personally. Especially now with the interior fix.

18. FasterThanLight

FasterThanLight
    Expand Collapse

One small issue that I found is that when I put on sticky tires, the clutch would overheat in a matter of seconds when driving...
    Other than that, I think this is the greatest mod I've ever seen. Great Work!
    I've been crashing it into stuff, and I am impressed at how well it deforms.
    Another small request, performance parts such as suspension, brakes, transmissions, superchargers, and I'm good to go.
    One big request (I may be asking too much here, but a man can dream) is that you create different mopar b bodies like the challenger or charger that sit on the same platform (sort of like the oldsfullsize/regency/capriceclassic mod).
    Thank you for your hard work!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GenexixsCz

GenexixsCz
    Expand Collapse

ofc with bneditor lol that's why its called BNEditor (Beams&Nodes Editor)

20. Toyota Ventury

Toyota Ventury
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice