On Hold 1984 - 2006 The Brutus

Discussion in 'Land' started by Sithhy™, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should the "empty" grille be replaced with the one from the Hopper on all hoods?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2019.
  1. Yes, do it

27.3%
  2. No, don't do it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Leave them as separate designs

72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

I needed to comment to renew notifications. Just unwatching and watching the thread doesn't always work. Thanks for the tip anyways.

2. oioioioo

oioioioo
    Expand Collapse

Why is the vehicle kinda "surging" forward in little steps, early in the 2-Wheel video? Is it because of high operating angles on the U-joints (real H1s use CV joints for the suspension, anyway...),
    or is it because you're a keyboard driver? :p

Just curious.

• Like Like x 1
  3. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

You're correct, in real life they do use CV joints... visually we decided to use Universals just because... well... its more interesting to see everything spinning rather than just rubber boots. That was really the only reason for that.

As for the surging that you were seeing, its actually neither of those 2 things. I was driving in low range with a controller. The reason you are seeing the surging is because the drivetrain makes a MASSIVE amount of torque and driving with a controller and getting really small throttle input (that and it was 2 in the morning) is actually kind of difficult. That and I am driving with the brakes on at the same time which effectively locks the diffs together so I can climb that wall so effortlessly. So basically each time I hit the gas, I end up with too much torque compared to what my brain was asking for, so I would let go of the gas, but since the brakes are also partially on, it stops in a hell of a hurry.

Its possible that my deadzones were wrong on my controller as well... I didn't really try to set it up, I just plugged it in and ran with it.

That... and weirdly its kinda odd driving with the camera that low... things seem to be blasting up on you way faster than they actually are... probably why the second video is a bit smoother. If I drove it with my wheel and with my camera higher up, my driving would probably be much smoother.

• Like Like x 4
  4. oioioioo

oioioioo
    Expand Collapse

I agree with that. I actually didn't even see the axle joints :p. What I meant by "anyway" was "at least," implying that the driveshafts from the transfer-case to the diffs are still U-joints in reality, not implying Sithhy™'s model is incorrect. (double :p)

That makes a lot of sense, I just didn't think about that when I made my initial "observation." ( :p again)

I know it's a bit played out at this point, but honestly, great work thusfar, to both you and Sithhy™. This thing is looking great.
    (I also just noticed your signature, and I couldn't agree more[ :p one final time])

• Like Like x 2
  5. carlover6x6

carlover6x6
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

@Sithhy™, could we get a file to play with the WIP version so we could give feedback or is it to WIP?

#2105 carlover6x6, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

*sigh*
    source: beamng.com/threads/61804

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. carlover6x6

carlover6x6
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

#2107 carlover6x6, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

you totally are, begging to you might be "plzzz give mod download" but that's exactly what you did

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. jjjjj

jjjjj
    Expand Collapse

Whether you realize it or not, this is begging.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. YeetOrBeYeeted

YeetOrBeYeeted
    Expand Collapse

I cant wait to drive this awesome off-road beast!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. carlover6x6

carlover6x6
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

How is asking a question begging? Hm

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

You still asked for an alpha to be released which technically is begging.
    ot:
    Very Cool! I always love suspension videos from this game.

13. carlover6x6

carlover6x6
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Well I was not trying to beg so I'm sorry.

14. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

lets not start another fight guys

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

@carlover6x6 @Sithhy™ has previously stated that he will not release this mod until it is completely finished and he is very firm on that statement. I do understand not wanting to read through 100 pages to find this statement though. Just please don’t ask again :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. carlover6x6

carlover6x6
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Ah ok, I did not know he had said that.

17. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

It's not your fault, things like those should be posted on the main page, I don't know why mod makers don't do that but will allow people to be flamed for not reading something on page 39 of 105 pages.

• Like Like x 1
  18. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I don't think there are any plans at the moment to release a WIP version. If it would be released now, I would probably get flamed anyways for having this not working, or that not working, like I have on other projects. I know its not working... I haven't done it yet. But that doesn't stop me from getting 93 notifications from people all complaining that the rearview mirror is 0.2mm to the left and they don't like it.

Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but still...

Anyways... every day it is getting a bit closer to a First stage release. The plan at the moment is for me to focus on the vehicle itself. Mostly the main civilian parts that make a B1 a normal B1. Then once I get those all done, I focus on the Military bits, then the extra offroad bits like the 6x6, Baja, and the Off Road Beast.

More than likely the first release will be the Civilian and Military parts all in one go (because I have most of those done and finished up already), then Stage 2 would be an update including all of the extra offroad toys... I think I have only about 40 to 60% of all that in game right now, so that would give me time to finish them up properly, while at the same time almost using Stage 1 as like a "Beta" trial period as I am sure I will have missed something or messed something up that will need attention for Stage 2 to fix.

Edit: for anyone worried that they won't be able to take the B1 everywhere they want until all the extra offroad bits are added, don't worry... I plan to make an "Off Road tutorial" video to demonstrate how to get this thing damn near anywhere you want to go as even most Hummer drivers are unaware of how to truly maximize the vehicles full potential.

#2118 atv_123, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  19. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

:cool:

• Like Like x 27
  20. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

Where'd you get that limited matchbox car and realistic Utah set holy crap!! /s
    Ama zing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice