On Hold 1984 - 2006 The Brutus

Discussion in 'Land' started by Sithhyâ„¢, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should the "empty" grille be replaced with the one from the Hopper on all hoods?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2019.
  1. Yes, do it

27.3%
  2. No, don't do it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Leave them as separate designs

72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacklopro

jacklopro
    Expand Collapse

Where do i get it

2. Dark Master

Dark Master
    Expand Collapse

there is no download link you can get it when is done

3. Balto

Balto
    Expand Collapse

I swear. not to be rude but all the eager younger people in here never seem to understand the point of the orange WIP. theres two versions of that. WIP and WIP Released. they should take a second look before clicking the forum post for this and then immediatly asking about a download. as for the actual vehicle, yes it looks good, but ATV and Sithhy are doing what they canto give us a proper finished mod so everyone. Hold your hype till they are ready. this is a worthy wait. Nuff said

• Agree Agree x 21
  4. gamer123 2

gamer123 2
    Expand Collapse

looks good, i have always waned a hummer syled vehicle in beamng

5. J.Trobel

J.Trobel
    Expand Collapse

can't wait looks so cool...

6. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Ibishu hopper: am I a joke?

Also fixed typos lmao

7. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

the hopper is a TJ wrangler tho

• Like Like x 1
  8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The Hopper is nowhere near close to the Hummer, maybe just the name is similar. It has way less advanced offroad parts (maybe aside from the Crawler version), and more importantly the proportions are completely the other way round, it's tall and narrow with relatively short wheelbase while the Hummer is long and wide with a much bigger wheelbase. It's a completely different car, the only similarity I see is that they are both offroad cars.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. Dark Master

Dark Master
    Expand Collapse

the grille is similar too

10. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

also im pretty sure the hummer is this W I D E cuz it was made for fitting in tank track ravines

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. crazyguy69

crazyguy69
    Expand Collapse

yes the military model was an the experimentale civilian model was but the acual civilian h1 has slightlly less width

12. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Well, actually, they are identical. Especially the older ones. The older Hummers were literally a straight up Humvee with sound deadening, and interior, and a different steering wheel. Even the shifter handles and the parking brake were identical. The only actual differences between the Civilian and Military trucks (again... especially the old ones) were the fact that Humvee's portal hubs used straight cut gears while the Hummer's used helical (some of the earliest ones didn't even have this)... that and the fact that most of the Humvee's run 24v systems while the civilian Hummers run 12v systems.

In later years, they got all sorts of changes. Shocks, Springs, Body lift, Different engines, Transmissions, Transfer Cases, Differentials, Portal Gear Ratios, ABS, Traction Control, Different Interiors, Power Windows, Different Mirrors...You name it, it was changed for comfort... Except the Body, and the Frame/Suspension. The Frame, A Arms, and Body basically remained unchanged right up till the very end... so much so that both the Humvee's and the Hummers were actually built on the same assembly line until they got to a particular point (after full frame and body assembly) where the assembly line would split into two lines where the Hummer's would split off from the Humvee's so they could get their creature comforts. Still to this day though, you can pick up any Hummer/Humvee and pretty much swap darn near every part for every other part with no issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. crazyguy69

crazyguy69
    Expand Collapse

well thanks for the clear up i heard from my dad that they had different wheelbases

14. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

My brain thinks that the OG army humvee and the H1 Alpha are pretty similar as they didn't change much.. as you said, they added sound deadening and stuff..
    The H2 and H3 on the other hand.. bleh.. and meh..

15. driftingmedic

driftingmedic
    Expand Collapse

Some of the newer HMMWV's have ABS and traction control, probably one of the most horrifying things I have ever experienced was getting into a brand new M997A3 and seeing working AC and driving assists.

• Like Like x 1
  16. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Whelp, I gotta admit, never seen that before... but most of the ones that I worked on were from the late 80's and early 90's and were VERY abused. So if its cheap enough and reliable enough... I guess I could see them implementing it... but at the same time it is rather surprising. :D

17. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

so like.... they're accounting for stupid drivers xd

18. idk pls help fix

idk pls help fix
    Expand Collapse

ill ask one thing. when will it be done.

19. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

upload_2021-2-9_18-43-21.png

• Agree Agree x 15
  20. car killer 45

car killer 45
    Expand Collapse

thank you for saying this its super annoying with all those people...

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice