Cancelled 1986 Ford LTD II

Discussion in 'Land' started by silvermanblu, Jun 25, 2016.

1. silvermanblu

silvermanblu
    Expand Collapse

Well I saw this mod on google images and tracked it down because I know the author of the model. I downloaded it and found that I could not recolor it, and it was much to fast. This was due to it being slapped on the grand marshal frame. I set about making it recolorable and got a little help from VeyronBD (thanks bro) and I de-tuned the engine. These came with anemic V6's, though I plan to do a v8 config. Any suggestions are welcome, and I will humbly accept any help.... Anyways on to credits....

Model=Carface/Bigfoot2003
    Chassis=Gabester
    Chassis editing and converting of model=(Adam)? Its a little vague though, I am trying to find the actual converter.
    Editing the materials and engine tunning=Silvermanblue and VeyronBD

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00025.png
    • screenshot_00026.png
    • Like Like x 14
  2. fordman3254

fordman3254
    Expand Collapse

Looks good, I think I've played with this mod a few times, will be interested to see what your spin on this will be like.

3. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

I know that there are a bunch of these being made, but how about a station wagon type thing?

4. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Police car?

• Like Like x 1
  5. silvermanblu

silvermanblu
    Expand Collapse

My modeling skills are very weak but perhaps someone can do the wagon and remap it for police duties. Thanks for the interest

6. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Is this the one that features hydros to open the bonnet and the trunk when hitting the handbrake?

Very interesting, I used to like the original mod and tried to update it myself once, but gave up since my skills are still way too limited.

Definitely looking forward to this. :)

7. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

God.....I remember miserable pathetic 80's cars like this. They still give me headaches. Please beam this well.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DankMemeBunny

DankMemeBunny
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, looks good! I like old 80's cars.

9. Nate2826

Nate2826
    Expand Collapse

looks good, the 4 cylinder models i believe were most common, and they ran for a long time, a family friend had one and drove it to work daily and it had unknown mileage and engine rebuilt once, but it had to have a ton of miles, cylinder 1 dropped a valve and the body was so rusted out so it was scrapped when it died this last time

10. Oshawott

Oshawott
    Expand Collapse

The engines you could get in the LTD were a 140 CI I4, a 232 CI V6, or a 302 CI V8. The transmissions were a 3 speed auto or 4 speed overdrive auto.

11. benad1

benad1
    Expand Collapse

Definitely needs some polishing and the colors seem way too bright. Great job so far, though, I used this mod before and it was pretty bad.

12. silvermanblu

silvermanblu
    Expand Collapse

All I have done at this time is the colors and tuned the engine, I basically wanted to show that it was color-able. I am kinda learning things as I go, I use to dabble in modding back in the rigs of rods days. I will probably do a 4 cylinder and 8 cylinder config. So thanks for the interest guys.

{Update}
    I have the 2.3 Lima motor, the Essex 3.8 liter v6 and the 5.0 v8 coded. No meshes for the motor so it visually stays the same. The motors are approximated, the 2.3 can barely get out of its own way. But it will cruise at 80 on level ground. The V8 is de-tuned from the Grand Marshal to realistic hp numbers of 1986. S0 at most like 210 horses. Its no race car, but noticeably quicker then the other two. The V6 and the V8 use the same gear ratios as the Grand Marshal. The 2.3 has a 3 speed auto that I tuned myself. I would like to do a forced induction of the 2.3 but that's still a ways out. Also looking for help with configs and such, if you can do the stuff I need I may have a beta position open.

#12 silvermanblu, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  13. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

The original JBeams seemed... rather OK to me. Deformation was acceptable (likely because they were all edited official JBeams) and most of the stuff included worked as expected.

A couple of suggestions for fixes:

- Not all the lights seemed to work properly. I seem to recall that both front and rear turnsignals didn't work, as well as the taillights being permanently on.
    - Most of the meshes are named after the original ones, so materials tend to screw up the official Grand Marhsal when the two are spawned together
    - The roof seemed way too strong to me. The vehicle could roll over with minimal/unnoticeable deformation of the roof and pillars.

I could help if you like, but I'm rather new to JBeam, so my ability to contribute is likely going to be insignificant... :(

• Like Like x 1
  14. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Is this dead? I was planning to do the same thing with the same model...

15. silvermanblu

silvermanblu
    Expand Collapse

No, actually things are coming along nicely, just nothing that I can visually show you because its all J-beam related. This weekend I will be getting the body remapped so it will be skinnable.
    Also to the previous post about the roof, the newer GM chassis seems to have rectified some of the stiffness. But since this vehicle irl did not have a full frame its not going to be 100% accurate. These were unibodies with a subframe.

16. coolbill14_ 2

coolbill14_ 2
    Expand Collapse

interesting...

17. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Unibodies with a subframe? Like the Barstow? Maybe you can use part of the barstow chasis for the subframe

18. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I hope you're getting good progress - sure looks good. Friend's father had one of these, though they weren't the most reliable things ever. I think these were like the Grenada (?) possibly. This was the car that was replaced with the Taurus in 85. Looking forward to this.

19. Blitzkrieg0628

Blitzkrieg0628
    Expand Collapse

Do want. Hope it all goes well!

20. silvermanblu

silvermanblu
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately the project has ground to a halt. After many of hour trying to update this jbeam to include new features such as thermals it has just not gone well. This was slapped on an OLD version of the Grand Marshal. So in order to make this have current features I would have too restart fresh on the new chassis. And my jbeam knowledge is still quite elementary. Not saying this is dead, I still will get the body re UV mapped and try and get a Beta up sometime in the near future.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice