Unsolved 2 small issues

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Nicelittle, May 29, 2018.

1. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

Lots of people come across this and I don't know how to solve these.
    Problem 1:
    I've tried to re Jbeam the rear suspension but it just falls apart, I am trying to fix the wheels being behind the suspension but cant seem to move the hubwheel.
    20180529090610_1.jpg
    Problem 2:
    I can't seem to find a fix for the 'Orbital Issues' on the parts I've moved around. Here are the parts the parts this happens:
    rear suspension
    rear seats
    fuel tank
    rear bumper
    rear lights
    trunk
    rear windows
    I thought Jbeaming them would sort it but I've jbeamed the bumper and no luck.
    20180529090637_1.jpg
    Heres the car file if you want a look:
    Its called the ibishu city

Attached Files:

2. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Select all the floating parts in Blender, press Ctrl+A, then apply location.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

:):)Thankyou, I will try that when I am next available to, if for some reason it does not work, are there any alternatives? I’m not saying I can’t do it but just wanted to know.

4. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

No. It is a common problem encountered by beginner modders and it is easily recognisable and fixable :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

btw do you have any idea about the suspension? (rear wheels in the wrong place)

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I believe that you need to change node positions, also there was setting for wheelbase, for example here after Y is defined hub position ["wheel_F_4","steelwheel_01a_14x5.5_F","Front Wheels",{"nodeOffset":{"x":"$trackwidth_F", "y":-1.245, "z":0.35}}],

That is from coupe_suspension_F so you need to find same spot for your vehicle.

Then there is suspension geometry to consider, when you move hub, you might need to alter other bits too, but with luck everything stays together, however when your suspension arms become longer or shorter that might require adjusting of suspension connection point nodes in order to keep everything from collapsing and to maintain correct alignment of wheels when ride height changes (bumps, braking, accelerating etc.) That is where things become complicated really fast.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for your help guys, when I tried to jbeam suspension it fell apart, so I will increase the beam strength to ensure it not imploding like last time.

8. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

I think there is some other issue, dont mess with beam strength yet. Check if the suspension jbeam is placed correctly.
    It would be great if you posted your jbeam here.

9. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

I replaced with the original one after it broke and the file is there so take a look if you want

10. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Just open all suspension components in node beam editor and move all nodes, then save each file.

11. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

heres a suspension jbeam i tried to edit on the car, but it fell apart.

Attached Files:

12. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

have you moved the nodes in the body as well?
    also, for the wheels showing up on the wrong spot. I guess its about 0.215 from where you want them to spawn?
    that is because you haven't edited the nodeoffset of the rear wheels in the hub :)
    Your Nodes:
    Code:
        "nodes": [
             ["id", "posX", "posY", "posZ"],
             //--REAR INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION--
             {"collision":true},
             {"selfCollision":true}
             {"nodeMaterial":"|NM_METAL"},
             {"frictionCoef":0.5},
             //rear hub
             {"nodeWeight":4.0},
             ["rh1r", -0.63000, 1.00000, 0.18000{"group":["pessima_lowerarm_a_RR","pessima_lowerarm_R","pessima_hub_R"]}],
             ["rh1l", 0.63000, 1.00000, 0.18000{"group":["pessima_lowerarm_a_RL","pessima_lowerarm_R","pessima_hub_R"]}],
             {"selfCollision":false},
             ["rh2r", -0.62000, 0.95000, 0.42000{"group":["pessima_upperarm_R","pessima_hub_R"]}],
             ["rh2l", 0.62000, 0.95000, 0.42000{"group":["pessima_upperarm_R","pessima_hub_R"]}],
             {"nodeWeight":4.0},
             ["rh4r", -0.57500, 1.10000, 0.22000{"group":["pessima_shockbottom_R","pessima_hub_R"]}],
             ["rh4l", 0.57500, 1.10000, 0.22000{"group":["pessima_shockbottom_R","pessima_hub_R"]}],
             {"selfCollision":true}
             {"nodeWeight":5.75},
             //overwritten by rally coilover to add weight
             ["rh5r", -0.68000, 1.11500, 0.29000{"group":["pessima_hub_R","pessima_lowerarm_R"]}],
             ["rh5l", 0.68000, 1.11500, 0.29000{"group":["pessima_hub_R","pessima_lowerarm_R"]}],
             {"group":""},
        ],
    Horizontal offset of the wheels, look at the Y-values:
    Code:
    "pessima_hub_R_4": {
        "information":{
            "authors":"BeamNG",
            "name":"4-Lug Rear Wheel Hubs",
            "value":75,
        },
        "slotType" : "pessima_hub_R",
        "slots": [
            ["type", "default", "description"]
            ["pessima_brake_R","pessima_brake_R", "Rear Brakes"],
            //The case() is for backwards compatibility for old configs that use "trackwidth_R" variable.
            //To change the base track width, edit the trackoffset_R offset in the expression.
            ["wheel_R_4","steelwheel_01a_14x5.5_R","Rear Wheels", {"nodeOffset":{"x":"$=case($trackwidth_R == nil, $trackoffset_R+0.25, $trackwidth_R)", "y":1.325, "z":0.29}}],
        ],
    }
    "pessima_hub_R_5": {
        "information":{
            "authors":"BeamNG",
            "name":"5-Lug Rear Wheel Hubs",
            "value":100,
        },
        "slotType" : "pessima_hub_R",
        "slots": [
            ["type", "default", "description"]
            ["pessima_brake_R_5","pessima_brake_R_race", "Rear Brakes"],
            //The case() is for backwards compatibility for old configs that use "trackwidth_R" variable.
            //To change the base track width, edit the trackoffset_R offset in the expression.
            ["wheel_R_5","steelwheel_01a_15x7_R","Rear Wheels", {"nodeOffset":{"x":"$=case($trackwidth_R == nil, $trackoffset_R+0.25, $trackwidth_R)", "y":1.325, "z":0.29}}],
        ],
    }
    If you move them with the same value as you moved the nodes, AND moved/added the right rear suspension nodes in the body, it should work :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I have already moved the body nodes for the suspension but I will try the hub thing.

14. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

Thank you guys (or gals) so much! I would have given up by now. the suspension is okay but at a certain distance on the jbeam it collapses again. Any ideas?
    20180606201848_1.jpg
    2nd while paused
    20180606195640_1.jpg
    (Jbeam attached)

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice