1. Stuck, Having problems with creating your mod? Let us help you: Mod Support

WIP 2005/2006 Volvo S60

Discussion in 'Land' started by Lucaas, Jan 4, 2019.

1. MaximumCamber

MaximumCamber
    Expand Collapse

… the car?

2. landencarmack

landencarmack
    Expand Collapse

3. Lucaas

Lucaas
    Expand Collapse

Progress Update #3 (1/11/19)

Changelog:

- Added actual headlights
    (yes that's it xd)

Current Bugs:
    - Adding the headlights broke the emblem on the front grill and the interior textures :(

Pictures:
    upload_2019-1-11_20-24-4.png
    upload_2019-1-11_20-24-31.png
    upload_2019-1-11_20-25-11.png

k that's it. go away now :)

O yea I forgot to mention, I'm planning on making a new model of my own, and officially learning to Jbeam. Better to do it yourself then to depend on someone else. ok, for real, go away now. :p

• Like Like x 5
  4. Risky

Risky
    Expand Collapse

This will take some time and patience, but will be very rewarding to do!

5. inducedirmine92

inducedirmine92
    Expand Collapse

i bet this'll turn out great

(not being sarcastic)

6. Obamamixdude

Obamamixdude
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I'm no moderator on here, but I can tell you one thing... Please, mind the language... We are a community! And in that case, welcome to the forums! :D

OT. Looks great so far! And about that rally version... I never knew that existed... In what rally championship was it used?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. KaanNecip

KaanNecip
    Expand Collapse

I have a name idea for the car: Vultar Z60

Looks really nice!

8. CrimsonCrocodile

CrimsonCrocodile
    Expand Collapse

It can't go on the repo because it is a stolen model

9. Mad Genexixs

Mad Genexixs
    Expand Collapse

80% of beamng mods are stolen models.

10. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

More like 95-98%, but not on the repo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. CrimsonCrocodile

CrimsonCrocodile
    Expand Collapse

Although nothing on the repo is stolen AFAIK

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mad Genexixs

Mad Genexixs
    Expand Collapse

wait it is.. the Hirochi Prasu is not modeled. It's taken from some game

• Like Like x 1
  13. CrimsonCrocodile

CrimsonCrocodile
    Expand Collapse

Well I’m presuming credit is given so it’s not necessarily ‘stolen’ unlike this mod which is actually stolen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Dayz Me Rollin'

Dayz Me Rollin'
    Expand Collapse

ftfy
    no swearing on my minecraft server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kek

Relating to the engine reliability thing - Rotaries can be pretty decent (compared to Italian engines) if you run premix, top up oil and don't drive it like a grandma, as it's effectively 2 stroke some of it's oil is mixed with the fuel, and the oil pumps are typically made to deliver a lot more oil to them at high RPM, which is why Mazda recommend to redline them atleast once per drive.

2 strokes share a lot of similar problems, if driven too lightly you can ruin the cylinder bores and piston rings as you aren't giving it enough lubrication (otherwise known as don't f upload_2019-1-12_15-25-47.png kin coast everywhere), and yet people sh upload_2019-1-12_15-25-47.png t on rotaries a lot more for having what is the same problem but instead of a piston, it's a thicc triangle.

Now that's what I call a bias towards piston engines. upload_2019-1-12_15-53-27.png - superior "I like all engine types and configurations" enthusiasts prevail

Inline 5s are as reliable as any other engine configuration, if done right. The issue is usually the manufacturer and not the engine layout itself, as that can be fixed with balance shafts relatively easily.
    It's a placebo thing, like with people saying OHV is more reliable than OHC, when in reality, there isn't any appreciable difference in sheer reliability. There are ultra reliable OHV and OHC engines, take the Toyota UZ and GM LS engines for instance.

It's a port of an old SLRR mod iirc, hence the detailed engine.

As for ontopic posting, this mod is way too early for me to have any constructive input for, other than "don't just copy paste pessima / sunburst jbeam onto it for the love of god" if you're going to do that, please find suitable suspension donors at the very least, as having a car that handles like a longer / shorter / wider / narrower version of an existing dev car is incredibly boring :p

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Cheekqo™

Cheekqo™
    Expand Collapse

Well sht that's a pretty long rant right there, better fcking prepare for what's about to happen next.

Question, why is this strain of rants going on? This volvo is likely to be a mslap.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. MaximumCamber

MaximumCamber
    Expand Collapse

He got permission. It's not stolen if permission is given as well as original author is credited. Saying it's stolen is like saying he's a bad person.

And sorry for swearing. TIME TO USE THE DUCC >:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

This can go into the trash now:
    default.png
    (don't ask me for it; that mod is already deleted from my PC and isn't as good as I wanted it to be, despite its appearance :/)

That being said, you've attempted several projects in the past without completing them (Acura TSX, Buick GNX, Mercedes-Benz 560SEC, etc.), so please keep your promises and make this a decent mod (maybe even better than that S60 R mod used by some YouTubers, who knows :rolleyes:).

If there's one thing I want to clarify, it's that the first generation of the S60 was produced from 2000 to 2009, though the model years ranges from 2001 to 2009. It makes me wonder why you chose to list 2005 and 2006 for this thread instead. (Sure, they are part of the 2000-2009 range, but aren't you being a bit too specific with the model years?)

Otherwise though, good luck.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Cheekqo™

Cheekqo™
    Expand Collapse

The reason most of these mods aren't complete is the YouTube hype that goes around them.. A Youer will use a meshslap to clickbait 9 year old kds so they can advertise the shit out of the video and make good money.
    I'm not saying anything against Lucs neither am I accusing him or other people of doing anything, I just thought I'd state the issue being a false sense of "complete" because some Youer is using the mod.
    I'm not stating that anyone's a money hungry shthead nor am I going to point fingers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Lucaas

Lucaas
    Expand Collapse

I completely agree. I don't want my car to become like that. I'm putting forth actual effort to get this completed.

• Like Like x 2
  20. CrimsonCrocodile

CrimsonCrocodile
    Expand Collapse

Sorry but I have to to disagree. Giving credit is not the same as having permission. It’s still stealing, even if you say who you stole it from :p

Despite this I’m not actually against what Lucaas is doing, and I’m looking forward to it (as long as it gets finished and done properly). I just wanted to clarify why it is not allowed on the repo even if it is rebranded.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice