2005 Chevy Cobalt error code.

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by supra4life, Jan 29, 2021.

1. supra4life

supra4life
    Expand Collapse

So i got a P0106 error code after i scanned the car when the check engine light came on. i googled it and it has something to do with the MAP circuit. It also advises that i shouldn't drive the car with this problem. Is it a very serious issue or do i just have to replace a simple part?

2. Shadowfast

Shadowfast
    Expand Collapse

I'm not a mechanic but this is what I found.

https://www.troublecodes.net/pcodes...de P0106 is,engine load or throttle position,

Pretty much from what this page tells me is that it's either the MAP sensor itself or there are a number of issues around airflow and exhaust. There was a mention that sometimes this code also comes along with other codes. My feeling is that if that is the only code you get, you may only have a defective MAP sensor or wiring around it is messed up. Check where the sensor is an see if you find a replacement and can change it yourself. Maybe the maintenance manual would give some hints if it is easy/hard and where that sensor is located.

Again. Not a mechanic.

3. hyperlake

hyperlake
    Expand Collapse

I know this is a little late, but in case its you still dont have a answer, it could be simply the map sensor or the wiring around it(insulation rubbed off and its shorting out) my 06 has the same code and ive been driving it for a 6+ months and its just fine, just has a rough idle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice