Released 2019 Toyota 4Runner (Update 27/12 - Hotfix)

Discussion in 'Land' started by JorgePinto, Jun 4, 2022.

1. nachtstiel

nachtstiel
    Expand Collapse

He's known to put out updates literally the second they are finished, even if the update causes conflicts and whatnot (which get fixed at ludicrous speed, btw), so I do not feel like it's fair to try to put more pressure on him to put this out. Especially since he has expressed that what's being worked on is proving more difficult than the usual parts he works on. Plus, it's not like we're paying him to put this out, so he doesn't owe us a due date.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Braskus

Braskus
    Expand Collapse

Jorge is having to learn a lot as he's going. But he's been doing a fantastic job with this mod. It's nice when others can give a helping hand where they have expertise/time. I've done the 2TR-FE and 1GD-FTV engines just now. Those should be in the next update. Currently using the placeholder 200BX i4 engine. Please tag me if anybody has issues/requests with engine and drivetrain stuff. I'll look into it.

• Like Like x 5
  3. boiskillhimmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

boiskillhimmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Expand Collapse

does the 2TR and the 1GD have engine mesh ?

4. Gobi Masala

Gobi Masala
    Expand Collapse

looks fine

Ive found a 3D model of both the facelifted and pre facelift 4runner limited in roblox studios, not sure if its useful but it can be converted into a blender model.

Attached Files:

• 4runnerlimited.jpg
  5. VENOMOUS 2

VENOMOUS 2
    Expand Collapse

thanks god

6. CaptainNoobacus

CaptainNoobacus
    Expand Collapse

nice work. btw, how do you place and calibrate needles in beam? I was trying to fix the needles on an old mod I have but I dont understand how to get them into the right place

7. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

The original model is from Forza Horizon; a highly-detailed and high-poly model. I don't think Roblox would provide the details needed to make a proper bumper that matches. But if JorgePinto could add more details to it, then it would work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Well...finally. Update time, and yet another heavy-packed one!

screenshot_2022-06-30_20-12-32.png screenshot_2022-06-30_20-27-10.png screenshot_2022-06-30_20-29-03.png screenshot_2022-06-30_21-22-14.png screenshot_2022-06-30_20-30-21.png screenshot_2022-06-30_20-31-56.png screenshot_2022-06-30_20-59-02.png
    • Added MY2022 interior parts
      • Digital Climate Control
      • Current Style Infotainment System
      • Current Style Gauges
        • Fully recreated and functional, with calibrated gauges and updated digital screen
      • Steering Wheel
      • Mirror-mounted indicators
      • Door panels
      • Shifter
      • Rear tailgate garnish with buttons instead of a keyhole
      • Added a MY2022 specific config with all the parts already loaded
      • The infotainment system, climate controls and dash metal insert are now separated from the dash, so any combo of old and new parts can be done.
    • Added the 40th Anniversary Config
      • Uses a combination of the brand new MY2022 parts and custom ones to recreate the equipment it has in real life
      • Based on a SR5 like in real life
      • Some of the specific parts (available to be used at any time) include:
        • Bronze badging
        • Dark metal dash insert
        • 40th Anniversary badges
        • 40th Anniversary rims
        • 40 Anniversary seats
      • The 40th Anniversary skin is paintable, so any body color can be chosen (black as default)
    • Added Bling Config
      • Basically, just a terrible idea made for laughs
      • Also includes specific parts designed for it, like golden badging and door handles
    • Added 2TR-FE and 1GD-FTV engines (thanks to @Braskus )
    • Added new torque converters. (thanks to @Braskus )
    • Added sport exhausts and fixed the missing i4 exhaust (thanks to @Braskus )
    • Fixed gunmetal and bronze rims not being available
    • Several textures update and fixes

• Like Like x 20
  9. Moon Dog

Moon Dog
    Expand Collapse

Great job

10. Nazu

Nazu
    Expand Collapse

you did it again
    awesome as always :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! :)

BTW, just noticed some previous comments, and about the Limited, the thing is as dumpling said if I source one it really need to match the quality of the original mesh, and since doing it on my own is sadly out of my bounds, I don't think there is much to do here for now...would be great having it? Of course, it would close the gap between the SR5 and the TRD Pro, but yeah, without a proper way to have the front bumper, which is the main visual difference, nothing to do here...

I need more info in order to help you, what's exactly the issue you're having? Placement itself (static), movement, calibrating the movement to match the actual figures...many things to consider, it's quite a complex world for sure.

12. 4runnerguy

4runnerguy
    Expand Collapse

Gonna be honest, there's no reason to add a limited model. I think everything that's been done so far has been amazing and as a 4Runner guy myself, wheeling this thing in the game has been a blast. Appreciate all the work!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. VENOMOUS 2

VENOMOUS 2
    Expand Collapse

no shifter animation???
    --- Post updated ---
    upload_2022-6-30_17-28-48.png
    upload_2022-6-30_17-29-10.png

14. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

15. sunnyz

sunnyz
    Expand Collapse

-All manual transmissions are missing the rear driveshaft
    upload_2022-7-1_11-11-48.png

-The 40th anniversary skin seems to have some excess when applying another color
    20220701112930_1.jpg 20220701112921_1.jpg

#495 sunnyz, Jul 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  16. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, a hotfix has been released fixing all that, including the fact that the stripes didn't reach all the way into the windows, it's not a perfect fitment but waaaay better than before for sure:

screenshot_2022-07-01_10-17-23.png

Also @dumpling provided some adjusted pricing and info for some of the configs, for good measure :)

Finally...I don't know how many times I have to explain about the shifting animation, I already did several times, so at this point whoever don't feel like reading, I'll just ignore further comments about it or any already discussed issue, especially when they are already acknowledged in the very first post. If at one point someone can help me having R go into position, I'll credit that person of course and let everyone know, and that's all there is left to talk about it, but I don't see how going into it again and again as if was the first time is going to help somehow.

• Like Like x 4
  17. bronco_x_runner

bronco_x_runner
    Expand Collapse

Suggestion: Make a MY2022 interior for all trims, and there is a thing that shouldn't be in the interior: The key from the old interior.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2022-07-01_02-13-42.png
    • Like Like x 1
  18. boiskillhimmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

boiskillhimmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Expand Collapse

upload_2022-7-1_18-29-15.png

The fan radiator 2GR-FKS is misaligned

and the oil cooler floats when the front 4runner is destroyed
    upload_2022-7-1_18-35-33.png

Attached Files:

19. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Totally missed the steering column, new hotfix is in:
    • Added keyless steering columns, with their own slot in the parts editor (standard in MY2022 models)
    • Fixed shifter animation! Now if you select R it shifts into its proper place (Thanks to @Agent_Y )

Will check these later, thanks

• Like Like x 5
  20. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Fixed both issues! With the intercooler, the issue was we missed adjusting the nodes to their current location, but it's now fixed that in all engines.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice