24 Hour Streams & Such

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by David Fortsc, Mar 12, 2014.

1. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

I posted this on another forum but I figured it would be good to get as much info as possible.

I've noticed quite a few streams broadcasting games to try and raise money for their broadcasting sites. I think this concept is great as it really shows what they can do and what the money would really be going towards. I was wanting to try to pull a 12 to 24 hour broadcast to expose myself to the streaming world but the only problem is, my PC is really low key. I have a hard time broadcasting most games that are in a 3D Element. I've tried Cry of Fear before with the original co-creator of the stream but my PC began to lag. Then I tried it again and it didn't. So it seems to be hit and miss sometimes. Farming Simulator 2013 really isn't that graphic demanding and I can broadcast without a lot of lag but every so often it jitters. Euro Truck Simulator 2 I've tried and it wasn't too laggy but I had trouble loading the broadcaster up on it..

Anyways, I'm getting off the track. What I'm asking here is, what kind of free/cheap games do you suggest I consider streaming? It would have to be something not that graphically demanding. I've tried Project Zomboid and it does NOT lag visually but the stress on the internet kind of slows me down in game when online. So I would like to mix Singleplayer and multiplayer games. Even if that game really isn't my "cup'o'tea" I'll still give it a try to kind of expand the viewer base as well as possibly extend my interest in game genres.

Here are my PC specs:

Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz
    Ram: 3GB
    Graphics: AMD 5770 1GB
    32-Bit Windows Vista

I have a Laptop I might be able to transfer over to during night time broadcasting. How ever, the specs are low key.

Laptop Specs:

Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics 2.50GHz
    Ram: 8 GB
    64-Bit Windows 8

__

I'm not sure how the Laptop would do, I could change it over from Wifi to ethernet if I unhooked my main PC when I changed over, which wouldn't be a problem, I do it all the time for my xbox.

Any suggestions on what games to try out?

2. Mathis

Mathis
    Expand Collapse

I think it's good :)

Gesendet von meinem iPod touch mit Tapatalk

3. Mathis

Mathis
    Expand Collapse

Shootergames or maybe BeamNg ^^

Gesendet von meinem iPod touch mit Tapatalk

4. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

well, there's farming simulator, there's midtown madness 2, there's carmageddon 2, there's the 2d up top view gta's, i can't really think of much, you might try sa-mp, it's generally pretty low key on streaming resources, you might also try omsi 2, or perhaps Plague inc: Evolved

#4 logoster, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  5. oskars_davis

oskars_davis
    Expand Collapse

Try Team Fortress 2 or the original Half-Life. Maybe SLRR if you like it
    If those don't run well or you don't like them, here's a pile of good games that run well on old PCs: GRID, eRacer, Juiced, Street Racing Syndicate, Any of the old Colin McRae rally games, Terraria, The Simpsons Hit And Run, Test Drive Unlimited, Driver Parallel Lines, all of NFS games until Carbon, Toca Race Driver 3, Surgeon Simulator (maybe), Banished (that's a good one), The GTAs of the 3D era (III to San Andreas), The Walking Dead... That's everything I can think of for now

#5 oskars_davis, Mar 12, 2014
  6. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Keep in mind this'll be a long broadcast so I'll need a bunch of games. Here are a few free games from GoG that I might pick up. Any suggestions out of this list?

http://www.gog.com/games##price=free

7. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

added 2 new things to my post :p

8. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Remember, keep in mind they have to be extremely cheap or free. Free is the best as I'd have to rely on donations for the 'cheap' part.

9. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

well, for free, there's tf2, black mesa(the mod), slrr, and i have nothing else i can think of :p

10. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Current Game list:

1nsane (Offroad Racing Sim)
    Off-Road Drive (Offroad Racing Sim)
    Car Mechanic Simulator 2013 (May not make it into the broadcast)
    Team Fortress 2
    LIMBO (Not sure what to classify this game as)
    Beneath a Steel Sky (May not make it into the broadcast)
    Kerbal Space Program
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (May not make it into the broadcast)

___

That's the primitive list that can and will keep growing.

#10 David Fortsc, Mar 12, 2014
  11. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Also known as progress bar simulator, unless you have an SSD.

It is an awesome game though, but you'll be able to complete it multiple times in 24 hours.

12. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

load's pretty fast for me, i count about a 5 second average loading time on my pc

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Moving between areas brings up a huge amount of loading bars for me each of which can take upto 30 seconds, I've had huge issues with its loading performance across 3 machines now and a few mates have duplicated it too.

Its still a very good game though

14. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

hmmm, you might try midtown madness 2, it has a pretty decent modding community, and can easily be run on pretty much any specs these days

15. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to start looking around for this. I enjoyed this game when I was younger.

16. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

17. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

I'll consider that one..

I think I'm going to do an hour or two broadcast a day testing games before my 24 hour broadcast. This will allow me to stress test the game and my computer(s).

If I organize the days and put them on a Calender, would you guys be willing to watch and help fine tune the broadcast?

18. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i should be able to make it to most of them, depending on what time it is in my time zone

19. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

May be able to watch anytime between 4-7 central USA time after Saturday.

20. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I couldn't do even a twelve hour stream. About 30 minutes in I'd have to piss or something "Excuse me, I have to urinate". I love saying that to people. It's just so..... I don't know it's just funny.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice