1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

360 controler through Steam Stream crashes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by phipck, May 26, 2015.

1. phipck

phipck
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I have found an odd issue when trying to use a genuine cable 360 controller and BeamNG.

I use steam stream to play BeamNG, I have my gaming rig in the garage logged into steam and I have a laptop in the house which gives me the ability to play system intensive games in my underpowered laptop via steam stream. It works perfectly with a single exception.

BeamNG loads fine without any controllers plugged in, but if I have my 360 controller plugged into the laptop when trying to launch the stream the game fails to start.

I next tried loading the stream without the controller, then once the stream is started and the game was working fine I plugged the controller in and it works.

This was great but when going into the options menu to look at controls the game crashes, specifically when I click Input then Advanced or try to detect the controller once plugged in the game crashes.

so essentially, Beamng through Steam streaming while trying to use a 360 controller has some issues at present.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this or found a solution to prevent it crashing?

2. BreadForMen

BreadForMen
    Expand Collapse

It is probably a limitation or error with how the streaming works.

3. phipck

phipck
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, but to add a little more information. when running any other game through Steam Stream while the 360 controller is plugged in I have no issues, so it is specifically related to either BeamNG or how BeamNG deals with streamed controller input.

The controllers options specifically crashes the game when the control is plugged in

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice