3d print file modifications

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by casual_stalker, May 14, 2020.

1. casual_stalker

casual_stalker
    Expand Collapse

not too sure where this goes, but i bought a file to print and it needs a couple things changed. im not too savvy with the modeling part and no idea where to start. its a 79 4 door ford pickup and parts of the doors are only one line thick. aka super thin and would like lines added to the inside of some of the parts. some have gaps where it should be solid. how hard would this to be to get fixed? again sorry if this is in the wrong section. move is necessary.

2. RadeS

RadeS
    Expand Collapse

I 3d print too, and I think this problem have solution.
    In Cura it's called "print thin walls" and "fill gaps between walls".
    Both are in "shell" setting.
    IMG_20200514_204713.jpg

3. casual_stalker

casual_stalker
    Expand Collapse

is that like slicing? im not the printer or the modder lol. im a consumer that just wants his body for his truck lol. i know nothing of this. he showed me a pic and it put some material behind the door in a square pattern. but the doors would remain paper thin on the outside. seems im being told that you would need to edit the actual file. plus i would need to fix the gaps in the model anyways. would this be something i pay alot for or would it take someone with the right software 20 seconds and a couple bucks lol/ thanks for the reply!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice