1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.13 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellokid

Hellokid
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, i wont be updating for a bit then. thanks for letting me know.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. NeeDCrafT21

NeeDCrafT21
    Expand Collapse

You can hear sounds from car's interior while being inside another car

3. MistyMyles

MistyMyles
    Expand Collapse

Still not fixed the headlight brightness? Night time driving is not possible.

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that I need to make each headlight as a double to get enough intensity to see something, 1.0 intensity is sooo dim.

Minimum to have usable headlights with somewhat real like wide pattern at near and narrow further ahead is no less than 8 lights, anything less just will not do.

However I doubt they will focus much on night driving now or immediate future, that is at least if they are going to PBR and new version of T3D which would really rock, at least what I have read. With those changes they would need to redo lights anyway.

However if they don't plan to move on new version of T3D, then work on light might make more sense now, however I doubt that would be the case because of challenges in current version of T3D, they probably have very good reason to get newer version.

5. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

Tdev said before that they can't and won't move to a new version of t3d. "We'll do our own thing."
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/torque3d-4-0-will-have-pbr-more.28281/#post-408221

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I noticed something, Where's the Wool shed on the Automation test track map? you can't have a map set in rural New Zealand without a Woolshed of some sorts.

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

That's an actual bug (sticky controls), but we fixed it.
    But now pushed a little silent fix to revert it back. I guess this bug is a feature now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, the thing above.

Hey, 'a bit' was actually quite short! :D

Which tab?
    They already don't show up in the repository main page.

It's not hard to fix, but people who can work on that model/texture are currently busy with other things.
    We will surely go through that later on at some point. Cheers and enjoy your day.

We will look into those.

#367 Nadeox1, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

I think he means this:
    upload_2018-7-23_10-35-1.png

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Bugs becoming features, if I don't recall wrong, there has been somewhat big success based on bug, on many games actually some bug has added quite a lot to game.

This sticky controls bug for example allows a lot of those videos seen on YT, I would think it being kind of a core function of Beam already :D

I have been admiring smoke, in BeamNG that is. You can actually drown a car into smoke now, it really looks wonderfully good to me.

Also I\m not sure if many have noticed how different blinker sounds there are, also handbrakes are different on different cars etc.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. TDK

TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

Yep, as @fufsgfen mentioned... we've had experience of that too if you drop out of the game into windows, and then go back in. Something we need to investigate further.
    --- Post updated ---
    I know the car disappeared, but were you in the same camera view?

--- Post updated ---

Just spoken to a programmer - you're gonna have to reduce your visual quality to stop the turbo spindle from wobbling as it is linked to FPS.

#370 TDK, Jul 23, 2018
  11. zohh

zohh
    Expand Collapse

Please make option to disable toomanymods warnings, its nothing but useless and annoying when you know your game runs fine, and its so buggy to get the warning go away every single time you start the game...

12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

You can aknowledge alert, shouldn't show up anymore once you do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

Can confirm. and I really should purge some mods

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, but I made much better video, see/hear difference of car landing after crash 0:38-0:42 and 1:20-1:25 (I find downloading video with ClipGrab and playing with media player classic easiest for jumping)

What happens is that when playing replay, as car lands with sparks there is more of crash sound, where as in realtime there is just thump, kinda like way it is in replay makes it sound more epic, but it might be not intended to be so :D

////////////////////
    About turbo wobbling, I had one automation export with quite low boost, 7-8psi and exporter set wastegate start and end quite near each other, that caused unstable max boost and turbo whine did wobble from some reason, I did not examine what turbo rpm was doing and that would be actually required to see if it would be explanation to wobble in my case, so need to investigate that bit further. Hiss is one that would wobble in such situation, turbo inertia should keep whine from wobbling at 2Hz or more, however I need to investigate this bit more.
    Also that is case of bad tune up, so probably not worth too much time.

Update: It seems that some AM exports get too narrow wastegate range and that causes turbo fluctuation, rpm goes kinda crazy in them, but that is of course AM exporter issue more than anything.

#374 fufsgfen, Jul 23, 2018
  15. zohh

zohh
    Expand Collapse

Oh, no warnings now when i start game :rolleyes:, but when i had the red box in top right corner, it didnt go away for accepting those things from "performance menu" or whatever that is called:confused:

16. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

I ment, removing the automation ports from the new resources section, you cant tell when an actual mod comes out or just another automation port.

17. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

That's probably the same thing I was hearing and already reported. I think it's the hand brake of the other car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TDK

TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

Yep it's reported, thanks :)

19. micz233

micz233
    Expand Collapse

Hi Guys my PC is a Lenovo G51-35 laptop A Amd A8 7410 with amd radeon r5 intergated graphics my specs arre in the screenschots. my laptop can run beamng 1366x768 res with ultra low graphics and collisions disabled at a kind of stable 33 - 40 fps. my goal is to run beamng at a average stable 50-60 fps at low settings

• Informative Informative x 4
  20. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-7-24_12-53-15.png
    Why does direct upload open IE? Shouldn't it just be my default browser (Chrome)?

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice