1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Unreleased vehicles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CarsRFun, Aug 19, 2018.

1. CarsRFun

CarsRFun
    Expand Collapse

So I was looking at the official content and noticed that there is a car called the gavril bluebuck and it was modeled a few years ago. Are there any other cars that still haven't been released after all these years? Will that car ever be released?

2. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

The Gavril Bluebuck is one I've anticipated for a long time.

However, I fear that if gabester never returns to work due to his health, we may never see both the Bluebuck and the Soliad Wendover released at all, as it appears that they are to be exclusively done by him and nobody else. I don't understand why the other developers can't take over their development while he recovers from his Repetitive Strain Injuries.

I've been really wanting to hear an update on gabester's condition for probably months now, but he's been dead silent about it, and most likely at this rate, we're probably not going to hear anything about it anytime soon.

#2 MisterKenneth, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

And thats what i don't get...
    Why can't he or other devs just say something? (or maybe they really don't know what to say, or too early since things might change)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Devs don't want to give promises they can't keep, so perhaps at the moment there is no way of knowing if they can keep a promise about that vehicle.

Also they might not yet have made decision to drop it either.

Overall they might be too busy to have time to make long explanations of individual vehicles at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

Well gabester is still active, I know this from my thread thanking the devs for a wonderful game. He gave me staff pick along with 5 others. But I never knew about his injury. How did it happen?

6. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Working on a PC all day long, in a bad seating position with unergonomic keyboards and such.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

At least saying something about what he's been up to lately, and the current condition of his RSI won't keep us in the dark.

All that they'd need to do is just simply confirm that the Bluebuck and Wendover will be coming, and whether or not they're in game. I don't think they'd need to write a long essay about them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I believe that the Wendover was mentioned by Gabester when talking about the LeGran. I also suspect that the pneumatics for the Wentward could easily be reworked into air bags for the mentioned lowrider Bluebuck. I honestly believe that both vehicles are simply on hold for the time being. Remember, we have no idea when 1.0 will come out. Likely there is more than enough time for Gabester to recover from his wrist injuries and finish those cars. But until then, we'll have to wait.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

pisforpatience.jpg Untitled17.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. CarsRFun

CarsRFun
    Expand Collapse

Damn i never knew that but i do think those 2 cars might be scrapped at this stage which kinda sucks because i think they're kinda cool.

11. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Oh my god, I hope gabe did not get carpal tunnel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

Gabester isn't dead, he's just not online often (last time was Friday) since he is slowly recovering. Who know's, the Bluebuck and/or Wendover might come up out of nowhere in a update.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

What also concerns me about the Bluebuck and the Wendover is the fact that one of their threads is locked, and one is gone completely. I know it was said that the latter was removed due to bugs, but I can't help but feel like something is off about it. I mean the thread was never remade, so that's what really gets me about the Wendover.

#13 MisterKenneth, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

The Wentward DT40L didn't get a thread either. I highly suspect that the developers stopped using the vehicle specific threads, thus the wendover thread was never restored.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. CarsRFun

CarsRFun
    Expand Collapse

Damn,i hope that they do use threads again for specific vehicles again or a whole new thread for official WIP vehicles and released vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

We actually just started work on the Bluebuck again. I still can't really do much of anything beyond just managing vehicle work right now. As for the vehicle threads, they all got screwed up by the forum software change a while ago, so it's all kind of a mess. Nothing is canceled or dead. The Wendover will be finished too.

• Like Like x 56
    • Informative Informative x 29
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

Curve yer pillars is back

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I must say it is really nice to hear this and also very nice to hear about you too! :)

Wishing you strength in this adventure life decided throw at you.

• Agree Agree x 17
  19. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Well, I hope you good luck with the 2 cars! :)

Also, it seems that my theory was pretty close to being correct.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Good to hear from you again, and even better to hear that you're still taking an active role in Beamng's development. There had been no word from you on any official game matters since November, to the point where some of us were starting to worry that you were leaving the project entirely due to medical reasons... It's a huge relief to know that isn't the case.

It's also especially nice to hear that the Bluebuck project is starting up again … I hate to ask this, but are provisions being made so that the Bluebuck's frame could possibly be shared among several vehicles at a later date? There may not be plans at the moment for a sixties station wagon or El-Camino style vehicle, but it might be nice to leave those avenues open for a future date.

• Agree Agree x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice