1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

64 bit cpu recommended "error" and error analysing how many gb of RAM is avaliable. Version 4.0.6

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Motherhazel, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Motherhazel

Motherhazel
    Expand Collapse

Hi folks.

It seems like i got a problem of some sort.

When i start op the game, a popup window appears in the game telling about some problems.
    When i go there it first of all tells me that a 64 bit cpu is recommended.
    I have a intel core i5-3570k ivy bridge cpu which i strongly believe is capable of 64 bit computing.
    And second, it tells me i have 4 gb of ram and 8 is recommended. I have 8 gb installed and both 4 gb is running just fine.

Help anybody?

Have a fine ass day.

2. apple

apple
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

go to in windows 7 system right click and properties does it says 64 bit operating system so yes reinstal some drivers and or the game

3. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

I will sir, I will.

Anyway, I think you may be running the 32bit version of the game, which will throw up the "64bit CPU recommended" and "8GB recommended" even if you do indeed have these requirements. You can force the game to run in 64bit mode, (which you really should try because you'll get a nice performance boost) by going into the game's directory (C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\bin64) and running BeamNG.drive.x64.exe

4. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

I just found a bug in the x86 version of the game which resulted in incorrect HW reporting. Thanks for reporting it here, should be fixed within the next update

5. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

I had the exact same message as the OP. Except I have 16GB of ram and was saying I only had 4GB and that 8GB was recommended lol

Seems I was running the 32bit version after the update for some reason. I went and made a new shortcut to the 64bit version and the message never returned.

6. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Not that this is anything important but I too noticed that by launching from steam, it launched the 32 bit version. Would like the 64 bit version to launch from steam.

7. nophone

nophone
    Expand Collapse
    Developer

What version of windows and CPU do you have? For anything earlier than Windows 7 SP1 the launcher will default to the 32 bit version, since x64 will typically crash on those systems due to a bug in the MS runtime libary that we are using.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Motherhazel

Motherhazel
    Expand Collapse

Thank you all for helping me out!

Running the x64 bit version works and no popup window appears.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice