1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

A few questions

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by JasonPotato, Aug 6, 2013.

1. JasonPotato

JasonPotato
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys,

Really impressed so far, thought it would be something i would uninstall in 5mins but glad to say i haven't. Will most likely end up purchasing it but would be nice if i could get some clarity on a few things...

First off, i have found that it seems to crash quite often. Most of the time when i'm trying to exit back to main menu. My specs (i7-4770K, 560ti, 8GB RAM)

How do i download tracks and vehicles from the showroom area? Is this something you get access too once purchased the game.

As my wheel seems to not work i downloaded an input for the Xbox controller but it's very sensitive, how do i change this?

As a sim racer i would like Manual gears and maybe a mph speedo if this is possible.

Thats it for now.

Thanks.

2. Ukuku92

Ukuku92
    Expand Collapse

• Crashing is to be expected since it's an alpha. The game is updated constantly to remedy that.
    • You need to buy the game to be able to mod it. The DRIVE subforum has its own showroom where you can download mods.
    • Make sure you have dynamic steering (Shift + B) enabled when you use the gamepad or keyboard.
    • You can change to manual with Q (automatic, full manual, manual with auto clutch).

#2 Ukuku92, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  3. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

We are fixing the crashing bugs :)

The vehicles, terrains, features, and bug fixes will be given to you for free as they are finished if you have purchased alpha access.

The input system is currently WIP and not very user friendly. We do support manual shifting, H-shifters, and manual clutch. The cars all have working gauges that are in MPH and have KPH as well. We are going to add some kind of GUI with a speedometer as well for the external views.

4. JasonPotato

JasonPotato
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info guys, i will be very interested in seeing how far you go with this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice