1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

A.I on maps without terrain

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Dibraldinho, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Dibraldinho

Dibraldinho
    Expand Collapse

I have recently downloaded the Nordschleife map and played in it a little bit, after a while I tried to make the A.I do a lap but it didn't move at all, I tried making a road for the A.I on the world editor but it says I need to create a terrain, how do I make the A.I work in this map?

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The editor tells you to create a terrain, because that map is not a terrain, but an entire 3D model (subtle difference).
    You can manually place waypoints and create a .map file to create an AI route.

Use my 'SSRB' map as example, as it uses that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dibraldinho

Dibraldinho
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply! and sorry for only seeing it now, I tried to make the waypoints on the mesh road editor manually and when I finished it and clicked to put the A.I road on the road editor it still required me to have a terrain. So I tried making a terrain beneath the map and placed the waypoints on it, but when i put the A.I to follow them, the waypoints weren't aligned with the track. Is there any way to make the terrain have the shape of the 3D model so I could put it right beneath it?

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

That's a much more complicated way, considering the entire map is a 3D mesh for that level.
    And you would have a 'not-in-use' terrain under it which would just waste resources.

The method I said above does not require you to have a terrain ( If you are seeing that message, it's probably because you are still trying to put a road, which requires a terrain )
    In the 'Scene Tree' go to 'Library > Level'. Select the 'BeamNG Waypoint' object and like that you will be adding a waypoint to the map.
    Add as many as you need, then you need to create the route manually in the map.json file (My map has that and you can use it as reference)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dibraldinho

Dibraldinho
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the help but this is just far too difficult for me to do, I can't preview the path the A.I will follow so I won't know if I've put enough waypoints for it to do the curve or not, and it's a pretty curvy circuit with lots of irregular areas, I don't have enough time (and patience) to do it, but I do thank you for your help and tips. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice