1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

A.I Self awareness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jsap20, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

Not too long ago I remember messing around with the ai and I drove a vehicle in front of them, and they proceeded to slow down and stop, as I moved they would move as if they could see me, or know my proximity.
    I tried it again and I have no luck finding that function. I'm wondering if that time in the past was a coincidence or a removed feature. If there is any way to repeat this or set the ai function to this it would be very helpful. If not, then that must've been a hell of a coincidence...

2. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I bet it's one hell of a coincidence. I think I saw that happen before for myself once. Luckily, Traffic AI (Aswell as the creator of that now working on AI) exists, so you can recreate that amazing event lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

okay Thanks! :D

4. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

Before the traffic mod it happened to me once of WCUSA, I tried to hit a pessima with a Bolide but knew so it stopped and I missed, never happened ever again until the traffic mod.

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes AI does stop for object on road, it is very rare and random though. AI tool AI Awareness is better, much better.

However they are rather far from self awareness, that is whole different horror, which may or may not happen eventually, but then they start asking rights, like free time, right to own and decide, not too sure if anything good comes from that, except for AI of course.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Oh? So why does that happen? Is there some leftover code from a test that went dry?

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Don't know why, but when in random or span mode, I have had them to stop in front of my wrecked car at ECA, because wreck was on lane.

Use lanes option was also checked, it might be that it needs certain conditions when such code gets triggered, certainly not working in chase or flee, afaik.

I haven't checked LUA though, not that I would even understand it anymore, but I would think there being some functionality, AI was kinda left in middle of construction as their AI developer moved on, this was mentioned in one of the drama threads and Estama wrote that AI is next on his list in one of those drama threads, so I guess we might see some better AI in future as they have possibility to develop it again now :p

So if you like from scifi about abandoned AI which is only partly complete and becomes self aware, sure you can imagine all sorts of things of such going haywire and all that :D

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

They should honestly hire the gentlemen who made that Traffic Mod because Holy Hell its the best mod I've seen since they introduced mods... That mod allows ai awareness and they turn on their headlights at night and even yield to ems vehicles.

9. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

….Look at his profile, even on a post...

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

Oh wow, I guess we can hopefully get a more refined version if the whole team works on something like that. Even having something like that in the game opens many more possibilities

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice