1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

A logical but still stupid question to the vehicle Artists of BeamNG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jujune, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Hey,
    So i was actually wondering about how the cars in BeamNG actually drive.

Because every car in Real Life (and BeamNG is a Simulation Game) needs a key to get started.
    If this game is not supposed to simulate how to drive with stolen cars, it would be a nice feature
    if there could be a key in the keyslot of the cars.

It would also be nice to have a key (like "a" or "#" on the keyboard) to start the cars or stop the engines and that the carkey would actually move then.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DerpSheep

DerpSheep
    Expand Collapse

Maybe in a future version, but it seems like it wouldn't be very important to work on right now. Core mechanics and crash physics are (and should be) priorities for the devs right now.

3. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Doh, i know what prioritys the devs have right now. But there are also new devs who do improvements to the actual game experience. And also never said that it must be done right now :D
    I just said it would be nice blablabla and it was a logical question. Though its still stupid and thats what i actually wrote in the title :p

4. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Derp didn't read the question right.

#4 iheartmods, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  5. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Dosn't belong to my question :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

It would be cool if they would implement the nodes drag thing. You then could pull out the key and put it back in again. It would then be rotation locked so it´s easier :D

7. speednsnake

speednsnake
    Expand Collapse

A visible key would only be as hard to add as another gauge needle (assuming you wanted it to move), and it would just be another thing that looks out of place in a crash. As for starting and stopping vehicles, I don't see why it would be a big deal to add. We already have a modder here who has introduced that feature to the game, and even a few other cool things like cruise control and engine stalling (all of which would be awesome in the vanilla game). Having the ability to actually "park" a car seems handy if you don't want it to add that annoyingly monotonous idle sound to the background noise whenever you are near it, and the feature doesn't seem like it would be too terribly difficult to add.

I would be more interested in the ramifications of adding an ignition though... How cool would it be if you could break the starter in a crash (or by holding the start key while it was running) and have to roll start the car? What if they made it to where you have to "park" your car in a designated area if you wanted to switch vehicles in campaign? What if carbureted cars like the Moonhawk required you to "pump the gas" once or twice to get it to start nicely? Lots of possibilities here.

8. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

ops

9. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I remember with RoR you had to start the car when you spawned it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DerpSheep

DerpSheep
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, misunderstood the question.

11. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

That is the only reason I sometimes, rarely, play RoR anymore. Also Because there are sounds when you change gear. Also because If your RPMs go too low (etc.) the car switches off.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice